Chapter 4 - Old Dreams

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ KIM SEANA ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

"And I want to have you two perform a figure skating routine as an encore together."

"That is a marvelous idea, Bang!" I heard coach Lim clap his hands in excitement.

"Wait, what?!" I stood up. Performing a figure skating routine with Park Sunghoon is not something I want to try again.

"Do you not like the idea, Seana?" the CEO asked me with questioning eyes, clearly confused as to why I wouldn't want to take such a grand opportunity.

"With all due respect, sir. I'm just not confident with partner works, especially with someone I am not comfortable with." I looked straight at him. He looked even more confused. I can feel Coach Lim and Sunghoon's eyes on me. However, I stand my ground.

"As far as I can remember Seana, you and Sunghoon were both trained by Lim here. Surely you know each other." I stayed silent. "That was also the reason why I chose you for this, of course also because of your excellent performance at the competition." He smiled gently at me.

"Can I please think about it for a while?" I asked politely to the CEO. I couldn't reject his request. That man knows how to persuade people. He then nodded and said his wishes for me to consider working with them. With that, I was now left in the car with Coach Lim.

"I know you," Coach Lim broke the silence. "I know you are set with rejecting Hybe's proposal, you just couldn't do it in front of Bang."

"Glad you know, Coach," I said firmly.

"Look, I know your friendship with Sunghoon ended with a sour note, but think about how great this opportunity is for you." He started. "Enhypen have been such a huge success in the international scene. If you perform with them, this would cause such publicity. And with your talent, I know for sure that every casting agent and university would be lining up for you..."

"...just like how it was back then."

My skates glided over the ice. When I felt his warm hands against mine, I felt both cold and warm. When we completed the final lift of our routine, the warmth enveloped my waist. When he lowered me, his dark eyes locked on mine. Time appeared to stand still as we both gasped for air.

We were awoken from our trance when we heard our coach's call.

"Sunghoon, Seana take five!" he said waving his hands towards us. Sunghoon looked at me and smiled. He held my hand and guided me back to the edge of the rink. As I was taking the laces off my skates, he called out to me.

"Noona, I'm just going to get you some water, okay?" he smiled and ran away, not even letting me stop him from going through the trouble.

"Seana," I heard the coach's voice. "This came from New York." He handed me an envelope.

"You know I wouldn't take that, right?"

"Seana, this is the fifth university that contacted you, and I still got seven musicals on ice that wanted to recruit you. They even said that you didn't need to audition anymore. Why would you let this kind of opportunity pass?" he asked me still confused about why I was wasting everything.

"Sunghoon's back coach. He just came back. This competition means a lot for him, he's losing hope with the idol thing, and I need to be here for him."

"He would understand, Seana."

"I already lost him for 2 years, I just got my best friend back, coach." I looked at his eyes. He sighed, he knew how persistent I am, he knew I always stand my ground, especially when it comes to Sunghoon.

That was when I saw Sunghoon running back to us. I quickly took the envelope from the coach's hand and shoved it on my gym bag with the rest of the letters.

"What were you two talking about? It seemed serious." He looked at us with eyes glimmering with curiosity.

"It was nothing," I smiled at him. "Can I have my water now?" I sweetly asked. He laughed and uncapped the water bottle and handed it to me.

I can give everything up, if it meant being with you, Sunghoon.

As I remember the memory, I looked at the coach with tired eyes. I couldn't let anything come across me and my dreams again. Not even him.