Chapter 25 - Reconciled

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ KIM SEANA ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

Since I don't use my social media, Jisoo was the one who informed me that Enhypen had reached New York as part of their tour. I planned not to leave our home within the three days that they would be here. From yesterday when they landed, today which is their concert day, and tomorrow, just t be sure that they are actually out of New York. I'm not sure I could face Sunghoon. I know it's been a while, and I still feel the pain he caused me.

I am happy about how my career is turning out now. I have offers after offers that I had to ask for my manager to handle my schedule. I felt free, but something is missing.

I knew what it was. I knew who it was.

I still am deeply in love with him. I may look like I am doing better now, but I'm afraid that all these facades would melt once I see him. I am still angry, but at the same time, I also am in pain.

"Where should we put this, Seana?"

Jisoo asked me while holding some of the letters that I got from fans. We are currently cleaning up our apartment because we have nothing else to do.

"I have a box here for those," I asked her for the letters. She gave them to me and plopped beside me on the bed.

"This is so tiring." She groaned.

I laughed at her and didn't say anything. After a while, she spoke again, "I know why we're doing this." A hint of teasing evident in the voice.

"Shut up." I rolled my eyes at her but only got a chuckle out of her. "It's because of the concert, isn't it?"

"No comment." I stood up and placed the box of letters up my shelf.

She laughed at me and continued rummaging through the drawers. I was lost in my thoughts when she suddenly called my name. "Seana,"

I waited for her to continue, but since she didn't, I looked back at her and saw her staring at me. "What?" I approached her and saw that she was holding another letter. "Is that another fan letter?"

"Nope." She said dazedly. "You haven't read this one yet."

I looked at her, confused. "What?"

"You might as well read it, though." She said as she handed me the neat white envelope.

My love

It was beautifully written in cursive at the back of the envelope, and I knew exactly who wrote it.

Sunghoon.

It was the letter Sunghoon left in the suitcase he prepared for me.

"Should I?" I looked up at Jisoo, who was already observing my reaction.

"If you really want to move on, you've got to." She smiled at me, and I nodded. "I'll give you space." She started to get some of her essentials. "Be back before dark, alright?" She kissed the top of my head, and she smiled at me before leaving the premises.

My hands were trembling as I opened the envelope as carefully as I could ever be.

My dearest Love,

Even the first three words have already tugged on my heart.

I know that by the time you are reading this, I may have made the most heartbreaking decision of my life. I want to let you know that I fell in love with the Seana, who knew exactly what she wanted and would do anything to achieve it. But during our relationship, I saw how that version of you is slowly fading away. Trust me, my love, that doesn't mean that I love you any less.