Chapter 20 - Last Performance

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ KIM SEANA ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

Today is the day of the concert, it was about 3 hours until we start and everyone was already giddy. Psyched to get the concert going and nervous as well as to how it was going to be received by the public.

I was sitting on the chair beside Sunghoon as he gets his hair and make-up done. I wasn't getting ready yet because my performance was still going to be at the end of the concert. However, even though my performance was still far, my fingers couldn't stop tapping the arm of the chair. I felt nervous. This could be a huge break for me, and also because I didn't want to disappoint a fandom that accepted me whole-heartedly.

My fingers continued to tap out of nervousness when I suddenly felt warmth envelope my right hand. I looked down and saw Sunghoon's hand on mine.

I looked up at him as he gave my hand a gentle squeeze and gave me a smile that calmed my nerves. This was his way of assuring me that everything is going to be okay.

"30 minutes before the opening song! Everyone get ready!" the event organizer ushered everyone and reminded them to keep their energies up.

Sunghoon faced me and I could see how nervous he was.

"Hey, hey," I said as I held his face and rubbed my thumb on his cheeks. His breathing steadied. "You are going to do well, my love," I assured him.

"We're going to do well," he said as if reminding himself of that statement. I hummed in response.

I looked at his face and noticed something different, something that bothered me. as I pinpointed the reason why I quickly grabbed a make-up wipe and covered my finger with it.

"What are you doing?" he asked as I erased the make-up on the spot in his face.

I smiled and replied, "they covered up your mole," I pouted and threw the wipe at the nearest bin. He laughed at my silliness.

It wasn't silly to me though, it was something that made him my Park Sunghoon. So much has changed about him but it was a reminder for me that he is still hoonie, my best friend, my love.

"Enhypen! Starting positions please!" Mr. Son's voice echoed through the room and I quickly pushed Sunghoon to the rest of the crew.

He quickly sealed my lips with a kiss and said "Gotta have my luck!" and sprinted out of the room.

As I was left there to smile and whisper, "good luck, my love."

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ PARK SUNGHOON ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

"ENGENE!" We screamed at the top of our lungs. The stadium erupted in cheers. I took my in-ear monitor to hear the noise that sounded like music to my ears.

I couldn't help but feel emotional, it seemed like yesterday when I got accepted to go to I-land and now we are holding our very first concert to start off our world tour. It felt like a dream.

"Did you like our performance?" I asked the crowd and brought the mic towards them. A collective yes was heard which made my heart feel full.

Everyone then decided to introduce themselves and say a few words for the start of the concert.

"Engene!" I started as my turn came. "today is a very special day. We have so many surprises for you, so get comfy and ready, alright?" the crowd cheered again. I chuckled and continued, "Once again, I am your ice prince, Park Sunghoon. Nice to meet you all."

The concert went by fast on my end, I couldn't even catch a breath and realize that this was actually happening. After multiple quick wardrobe changes and songs, it was finally time for Seana and I's performance.