Chapter Seven

A couple of days go by. Winter was getting ready for his outing. My phone buzzed quietly in my pocket. I looked to see a reminder that my therapy appointment was in one week. I just stuck my phone back in my pocket. I hugged Winter from behind. "Enjoy your outing today, love. Even if it's just you babysitting Norman."

He turned around to face me. He touched my cheek. "Actually, I want to go out with you later."

"Alright. What do you want to do later?" I asked.

"Can we please hit up that diner place? It's been a while since you and I have gone out."

I nodded. I kissed his forehead. "Your wish is my command."

He smiled. He pulled away from me. "Have a good day at work. Try not to murder Rose."

I chuckled. "Rose hasn't given me a reason to become unglued yet." I watched as Winter left the house.

I had a growing pile of paperwork on my desk when I arrived at the station. I let out a small groan of annoyance. I heard Rose chuckle. "A necessary evil, I'm afraid."

"You have one small fire in PontyPandy and suddenly HQ wants a five page essay on it." I muttered. I grabbed one of the files off the pile.

The morning hours could not have gone slower. I was half-way through dealing with paperwork when I received a text from Winter.

Hey Big Cat. The boys and I are returning to PontyPandy early. (Winter attaches a picture of a bright red flower near the edge of the river) At least I caught this beauty out in the wild.

How is work?

-Winter

Boring as usual. No Crompton Chasing for me I'm afraid. Headquarters wants a five page essay on the fire.

- Malcolm

I set my phone down. I went back to work on writing my report. I finally finished it and stuck it into a folder along with the photos that Rose had selected. I sighed and leaned back in my chair. My phone buzzed quietly on the table. I glanced at it to see another text from Winter. His text had a very panicky tone to it.

Hey Mal. I may of gotten into a spot of bother. What's the likelyhood that someone like me will survive a train crash?

- Winter

A very low chance. Why? Are you okay?

- Malcolm

I just heard Gareth shout that he had no brakes. The train is moving very quickly. Call dad!

- Winter

I paled. I immediately stood up. I called the fire service as I left the station. I drove the bike up to the train station. I sent a text to Winter.

Try to stay calm, Winter. I've notified the fire service. I'm currently waiting at the train station. The Fire Service is on their way. Remember, its' our job to keep the other people calm too.

- Malcolm

I waited for the fire service. I tapped my foot impatiently on the ground. Hopefully we don't have to deal with Flying-Man. I can't take him interfering on another rescue. The sound of sirens caught my attention. I smiled seeing Sam and the others. I ran up to them. "Sam! I'm here to help!"

Sam nodded. "Can you just wait here with the others? We may need someone on standby in case the train collides at the end of the line."

"You got it."