Chapter Eight

Just a little head's up. Things get a little heated. If you aren't comfortable with two guys fucking then please don't read. Thanks.

The late night hours soon came. I came home to find Winter all dressed up. It dawned on me that we were going to have date night. He chuckled seeing the panicked look on my face. "It's been a long day so I'm not going to blame you for forgetting."

"You honestly have no idea." I mused as I sat down in the recliner.

"Oh? You mean there was more to today than me nearly dying in a runaway train?" teased Winter.

I nodded. I proceeded to explain to him what happened. Winter smiled. "At least we know who to look for. Anyway, you need to get dressed. You can't eat out in your Police Uniform."

"I could, you know." I chuckled as I stood up. "I'll be down in a bit."

A large full moon hung high in the sky. Newtown was rather quiet around this time of night. Winter had hold of my arm. He skipped happily alongside of me. I smiled. We stopped outside of a townhouse with a black awning over it. "The Diner" was written in white lettering. I held the door open for Winter. He bowed before walking in.

The inside of the Diner felt cold. Winter shivered instantly. A brown haired female stood behind the host stand. "Evening. Only two?" she asked.

I nodded. She grabbed two menus from the holder on the side of the stand. She lead us to our table which sat in the center of the restaurant. She handed us each a menu. "Your server for tonight is Remy. He should be out soon.."

We nodded and sat down. I glanced through mine. Winter smiled. He folded his hands over each other. "It's been ages since you and I have had a date night."

"I know. I think I remember you saying the same thing this morning." I mused.

"My brain must be caught in a loop." Winter laid his head down on the table. "I took you out tonight so you could give your brain a break."

"Well I appreciate it."

He had a thoughtful look on his face. "Have you talked to Twila about these nightmares you've been having?"

"No. I forgot to the last time I went. I've made note to say something to her the next time I see her."

Winter nodded. He looked at his menu. A white haired male came walking up to our table. He smiled at us. "Good Evening. My name is Remy. I'll be your server. Can I start you guys off with something to drink?"

"Tea for the both of us." I said.

He nodded. "Have you guys decided yet or do you need a few moments?"

I could tell Winter was having issues deciding. "Give us a couple of moments."

Remy stepped away from the table. Winter looked up at me. "You could of ordered."

"I'd much rather do it at the same time. What are you torn between?"

"Let's see the Monte Crisco, The Country Fried Steak, and the Fish and Chips. What are you getting?" he asked.

"I'm doing the Jamacian Chicken Sandwhich. Honestly Winter, I know you love a good Monte Crisco so I would go with that."

Winter nodded. "Alright. I'll do that then." He closed his menu.

We waited for Remy to come back. Winter took my hand in his. I smiled. "what's on your mind?"

"You look really handsome under all this dimmed lighting. Very dark and mysterious." purred Winter.