Consequences

I have a feeling that this chapter will be a little longer than earlier, most likely because of the frequent transitions, but eh, it'll be worth it.

Enjoy!

X
X
X
X
X

Kanan smiled as he took out the thermometer from his youngest son's mouth. "Hey! Your fever's dying down,"

"Me better now, Mama?" Cal asked.

"Yes, but you're staying in bed a little longer," Kanan chuckled and ruffled his son's blonde hair. "Just in case,"

"Aw," Cal pouted. "But, Mama..."

"Listen to your Dam, kiddo," Zeb grinned and patted the boy's head. "He's a real mother hen. You can't say no to his orders,"

"Hey!" Kanan gave him a glare. "It's because you and Ezra always seem to run around the place when I tell you not to,"

"Yep, a total mother hen," Zeb grinned.

"Oh Force, Zeb..." Kanan shook his head then he checked the time. "Uhm, shouldn't Ezra, Rex and Code be back by now? It's almost dinner time,"

Zeb suddenly got nervous, but he managed to not give it away. He gave a shrug and crossed his arms.

"D-Don't worry about it, Kanan," he assured him. "Probably lost track of time since Gia always know how to make things fun,"

"Right..." Kanan didn't look convinced as he turned to leave. "Can you watch over Cal for a while? I just... need to check on something,"

"Um, sure, go ahead," Zeb nodded and watched as the Jedi made his way out.

Kanan found his way to the ramp and made his way out of the ship. He looked around and found the field empty and peaceful. He closed his eyes and raised his hand up.

He felt the leftover essence of Code's Force Signature and felt Rex's faded presence as well. With them, he felt Ezra's Force Signature too.

They were all here. All three of them, so they must have all left the field to leave.

But why couldn't he track them down?

It was like they vanished into thin air. How could that be? That wasn't possible... was it?

He opened his eyes and lowered his hand, reaching in to take out his comm. He held it up and pressed the button.

"Specter 6, this is Specter 1. Come in, Specter 6,"

Nothing but the sound of sizzling came as a response. Kanan frowned.

"This is Specter 1 to Specter 6. Come in, Specter 6,"

The same thing happened, with nothing but sizzles. Kanan's worry picked up the pace as he tried again for a couple of times, but failed.

"Karabast." He hissed then ran back to the Ghost.

He ran through the halls and went straight to the Phantom. He prepared for it to launch then he ran back in through the rest of the ship. He headed straight to his son's room and barged in.

"Zeb, where is Ezra?"

"Uh, National Hospital of Lothal," Zeb shrugged.

"If that were true, then he would STILL be able to answer his comm, and I would STILL be able to track his Force Presence up until the hospital," Kanan crossed his arms. "Try again,"

"Erm..." Zeb gulped and attempted to hide behind the bed. "Off-planet?"

"That's what I thought," Kanan picked up Cal then turned to leave. "Come on, Cal. We're gonna find your brother, father and uncle,"