Chapter 12.

HOPE YOU ENJOY

PLEASE VOTE

*******************************************

The first game for Voltron was about to start but due to the day being just for fun and mostly a fun raising event for any public pool clubs the swimming place offered, no school team names were allowed to be use making them have to use a made up name. 

It was a nice little fun raising, the water polo games were free to be watched from the viewing glass on the floor above and anyone joint to the team could watch by sitting on benches pushed to the edges around the pool, keeping a good distance away from the water but staying near their friends/family to cheer them on without a bit of thick glass in the way. The only money spending anyone did was at the food, gift or craft stalls that were filled up in the longue area and along some of the halls.

The main changing rooms closed off for team players to use freely, a worker guarding outside each of the changing room doors and not letting anyone pass unless they had a certain badge given out to teams members. The basic toilets on the second floor was open for everyone else to use and each team is given plastic painted gold medals if they win or not. Everyone only get's one, having them handed to them as they enter the changing room but it was the public pool way of giving thanks for them sighing up to play a public game of water pool with strangers and help bring in more crowds to the fun raiser. 

Today, team voltron was going as "Wild Lions", Lance did want to go for "Tailor" but that was rejected by Keith within seconds of Lance mentioning it. Rolo and Nyma joked about them calling them selves "Daddies boys" but the more sensible ones of the team rejected it. Adam asked if anyone had a favourite children movie or something friendly enough they could use since it was a public fun raiser and any ages groups will be walking around in ear shot. 

That's how high school musical came into the mix, a war broke out over everyone favourite characters and the best couple in the show, even if some didn't fully become a thing but was on the border line of becoming something.

That's when Matt offered the name "Wild Lions" to replace "Wild Cats" and well, everyone agreed.  

Pidge waving at the group as they entered the boys changing room, a male worker sliding back to stand in the doorway to block other's from just entering if they didn't have the badge given out to badgers. It was a simple badge really, a light blue background with the public pool company logo of a puppy swimming with a yellow kickboard. Rather stupid but they had a bunch made, most to match with the listed of players who signed up along with extras on the team. Then they clearly had extra badges made in case anyone off the list arrived or someone badge broke. 

Pidge had one, showing it to the female worker who stood in the female changing room. Earning a friendly smile and nod as the worker stepped aside to let her past before standing back in the doorway before someone rushed past at the opening. 

It seemed some still tried sneaking into the changing rooms even with the signs saying they're closed for anyone who wasn't on the team due to play in the water polo games. Pidge didn't understand why some would just want to check out the changing rooms, it was just a changing room and if they're that desperate then come back another day. 

They were closed today for a reason, for players to freely change and leave their belongings inside without fear or worry over anything getting stolen or damaged. Sure, the changing rooms still had lockers for people to rent but the games weren't professional and it was just a friendly game making no one have to rush. Plus, the next teams had to be getting ready during a game while the team that got out of the water after their game before hand would still be drying and changing. No one had time or space to just rent a locker and take their time in walking around, there was a time limit.