Part Four

survival test

         I woke up and did my usual morning stuff

         I woke up and did my usual morning stuff. i grabbed my things that i needed and with that i headed outside my house.

          I got there as Shikamaru arrived as well, he wasn't a bad looking guy if i'm being completely honest. he seemed pretty laid back, but also very unmotivated.  Ino waved at me and gave me a smile and of course i returned the favor. then there is was choji, a food loving boy from what i could tell as he devoured the bag of chips in front of him, our sensei soon explained what we would be doing and how the whole point of this task was to get the bells. although there were only two bells when there was the four of us. i wonder what that meant.

       "what a drag" the brown haired boy said rolling his eyes. "starting now" the sensei said. i'm guessing we would have to work together, since he seems strong. asking ino didn't seem like such a bad idea, i wonder what she was best at. "i think we should work together, if we want to get the bells" i said to them whispering.

        "we should come up with a plan" ino implied. "well first i think we should get to know each other's strengths" shikamaru said, i nodded my head as i began to explain what my strengths were. "i'm good at genjutsu but while i preform this they aren't aware of their surroundings everything would be white other than what they're hallucinating of course" i said.

        "i can do shadow possession jutsu, while ino can mind transfer" said Shikamaru, this was perfect. i think we could actually make a great team. "okay i say choji and i distract him while Shikamaru uses his shadow possession jutsu on him to keep him still then Ino you could mind transfer into him and then hand over the bells" i said fiddling with my knife, they grinned and agreed to the plan. "okay i'll go distract him and push him more towards the trees, while you guys come up from behind him" i stated with a smile as i turned my back and ran off. although choji continued to eat his food as he sat there comfortably on the ground, i giggled looking at the boy

        Our sensei turned towards me as he saw i was in a fighting stance. i soon started to throw knifes as he threw his to stop mine. i decided i would attack him in hand to hand combat. i ran towards him as he was about to stop me by grabbing my fists with his hands i quickly jumped up landing behind him kicking him towards the trees.

         Signaling to ino and shikamaru that it was there time to come in, and they did. our sensei's eyes widened as he realized what was about to happen. me and shikamaru grinned as ino did what she had to do and he soon walked towards me throwing the bells. we all shared a laugh as she went back into her own body.

         Sensei was soon back to his normal self, his expressions showed he was impressed. "you guys got me there, better than i thought you guys would be. most people don't realize this is about team work" he said with an actual smile. "well you guys are dismissed for today, tomorrow we're gonna go meet with hokage. he's gonna give us some missions, good job you guys" he said as the others grabbed their things, "bye rei!" ino said with a smile. "bye ino, choji, shikamaru" i said also smiling causing choji to wave me a good bye

Shikamaru smiled in return, first time i've seen that guy smile. they both soon walked away and i got up from sitting on the ground, i dusted myself off as i grabbed my bag. "bye sensei!" i said with a wave as i turned my back towards him getting ready to walk away. "wait rei" he said as i turned back around "yes". "would you mind me asking you who taught you the skills you possess today?" he said with the cigarette in his mouth. "oh yeah my father his name is orochimaru" i said with a small smile, his eyes widened as he raised his eyebrow.

does he know what happened? why did he look like that? "is something wrong?" i asked him with a worried look on my face which i tried to hide. "you know who your father is right?" he said as he furrowed his eyebrows. i guess he knows, but how? did my father get in trouble with our village?

"okay it happened a year and a half ago, he killed her and i don't know why. i've been running from him and he hasn't looked for me, he's not who i thought he was i actually used to think he was a good dad." i said while i felt my heart ache. "i'm sorry violet, i wasn't talking about that. do you not know that your father is a rouge ninja? he's a S class criminal he's one of the most wanted people" he said with a concerning look.

hearing the words come out his mouth felt like a kunai to the chest. i felt very uneasy, sick almost. he was worse than i had thought. a single tear had came out my eye. i kept my head down so asuma couldn't see my vulnerability. i felt embarrassed to even be here but it all made sense, he was always leaving and would never let me go anywhere. a million thoughts ran through my head. what if he thinks i'm like him?

"oh u-uh wow, this is a lot to take in" you said while sitting down now laying you back against the tree. "you know i don't think you're like him" he said with a sincere face. did he truly mean that? "what will others think of me now?" i asked as i looked up at him. we stood in silence for a good 30 seconds.

"it's not my place to tell anyone rei, i can see your resentment and hatred towards him. i don't know you much yet but i can tell you aren't like him." he said with a smile, i smiled back of course with a genuine smile. "thank you sensei, i'm gonna do train now" i said as i got up and grabbed my things.

he blew out his smoke from his cigarette as i turned my back and walked away from the scene. i found a random place to train and luckily no one was there. I carved x's in some trees to practice my aim, i stood far from the trees and focused.

i put my arm up and threw it, it hit right in the x. i threw the other knifes that i had and only 2 missed out of the 10 i had. i ran back to the tree to recollect the knifes that i had thrown. this time i was gonna focus and send my chakra to the knives.

i stood there as i closed my eyes focusing, i then threw my knife as the blue energy stayed on the knife. it hit right in the x as it blew some of the bark off. i did it, i really did it. if i practiced more it could do some more damage to the tree. i heard something rustling in the bushes, as an instinct i threw my knife directly towards the noise.

" no need to be so hostile, this is my training spot you know" says the black haired boy as looked back at my knife. sasuke.

Third Person Pov

she stared at him as he looked down at the knife which landed only a couple inches away from his feet, her eyes soon found else where as he looked back at her. he quickly glanced at her from her head to her toes as she went back to throwing her knives, hitting them on the x each time. he couldn't lie, her aim was good. he felt the urge to challenge her, to prove to himself and her that he was better than her.

"are you just gonna stand there and stare or actually train?" she asked the boy as she furrowed her eyebrows. his eyes widened only a little, because he hadn't noticed how he was staring at her. "we could test each others skills, you know until whoever gets too tired" he said while throwing his knife, as he hit one of the x's.

"i rather not hurt you" the girl said with a grin, he scoffed "i'm not naruto, i could take you down easily." she looked at the boy as he threw his knives, he was pretty good. expected from an uchiha, but she wasn't just gonna let him think he's better. she wanted to humble the boy. she grinned as she said, "well i guess we'll put that to the test."

the boy turned around with his arms crossed over his chest. "i think there should be an objective though, you know so i don't kill you" she said with a smile. he rolled his eyes "and that is". "well i think we should try and take someone thing from one another, who ever gets it firsts wins. we could try and get each others headbands" the black haired girl said as she sharpened her knives.

the boy looked up at her for only a second as he agreed. they both stood in front of eachother, with a distance. "starting now" she said with a grin.