Part Eight

The Preliminary Rounds Begin

         as we all stood in rows of two, standing in front of the hokage and many jonin reme

         as we all stood in rows of two, standing in front of the hokage and many jonin reme. the proctor explained there would be a preliminary round to lessen the number of candidates since there was 21 left. "hey are we doing this rn? without a break?!" questioned ino, "uh yes" the proctor said coughing the words out.

         "but if anyone feels like they're incapable of proceeding then by all means you can leave now" he said with an unamused face.

         as i heard whispering coming from my right i looked over to see sakura crying to sasuke as he grabbed his neck. poor boy, the feeling is almost unbearable. as i looked around observing my other opponents as one raised there hand signaling they've given up.

        it was the white haired boy from the first exam, something was definitely suspicious about him. i mean why would he leave after coming all this way?

"hey! why are you leaving kabuto?! are you crazy" asked naruto with a look of confusion resting on his face. "yeah sorry naruto, i just cant continue any longer. to be honest ever since my encounter with those sound ninja i havent been able to hear out of my left ear, so leaving is what's best for me." as he gave naruto a smile, soon as escorting himself out.

"well since that's all, we'll now begin. the screen on the wall with announce your opponent, it's completely randomized." he explained. as everyone's eyes made their way to the black screen.

                               Sasuke vs Yoroi

      the boy had to go through the pain of the curse mark as well as being the first candidates to battle. everyone made their ways up to the top to watch the battle from above.  "and if you're ready then let the match begin" the taller boy said as he ran towards sasuke, he had the boy pinned to the ground leaving him powerless.

         it almost seemed as if the onyx eyed boy was getting weaker, like his chakra was being stolen from his body. sasuke surprisingly kicked the taller boy off of his as he tried to calculate a plan.

       "hey sasuke! what was that? and you call yourself an uchiha?  yelled naruto as sasuke looked back, something sparked in the boys eyes. like he finally had an idea. soon after he came under the boy kicking him causing the boy to fly up. as they were in the air i looked at the black haired boy, i noticed the curse mark expanding. if they continue to let him fight it'll fully take over, which wouldn't be good for the either of them.

        but his will alone retracted the curse mark, as the mark faded he kicked the boy down causing him to lose the match. i couldn't let him hurt like that, although i didn't know him well it was an unimaginable feeling. i have something that can help him, i once used them to help with my curse mark.