1 6 n e e t x i s

| S I X T E E N |

beg to keep

At the moment even if god were to descend and grant Xiao Zhan the most peaceful life henceforth, he'd still not be able to believe, still not be able to cheer.

After a long while of particularly just complexes, he'd thought that he'd finally be able to enjoy some time out, maybe actually just breathe because oh well, for the past month -not exaggerating at all- he'd only been sighing, maybe gasping a few times but sighs sadly still won in comparison.

Sometimes the man wondered how pathetic his life had to be for him to even compare sighs to gasps!? like, why are we still here, just to suffer?

Considering all the bizarre occurrences he'd come across if he'd actually even want to encourage himself to endure he absolutely couldn't but was there a second option, had he ever even heard of this existence called, the second option? Everything had always been do or die for him, for Xiao Zhan it had always been a compulsion.

Having stood across the hallway for a good counting minute, Xiao Zhan was finally able to recognize Yibo's Dad and his brother, standing alongside his son and the eyesore Wang Yibo, Mr. Wang seemed to be the one speaking.

It'd be a lie if he said that he wasn't surprised but heavier than the weight of surprise, what had taken him was the surging load of fear, he had no idea what the trio was doing and even more so why Yian was with them of all people, but despite being completely unaware, like an irrational teenager void of logic - he simply feared, stupidly enough, he could only fear.

You're so easily replaceable, Xiao Zhan.

Do you really think Yian will choose you over him?

He'll hate you, hate you for keeping his Daddy away.

In the end, it's all your fault.

It's all because of you.

Only if you weren't the one raising Yian.

He would have been happier, if not for you.

He would have lived a better life.

With a weakling like you, he'll only ever be sad, he'll only ever loathe, loathe you.

Xiao Zhan's head hurt, it felt like it'd burst open.

Seeing the familiar face, Mr Wang was clearly surprised but despite the ignorance, he wasn't the least bit offended. Xiao Zhan had all the right to not attend him. Himself being a family to Yibo, the very man who had left the other hurt and stranded, he really couldn't expect a sincere greeting, could he?

Haikuan nervously glanced at his Dad, worried things could get awkward, he immediately suggested,  "Dad, we should leave them alone"

Mr Wang sighed, "Ask him to just go back home"

Kuan nodded, thinking he should text Yibo a bit later, the man followed his Dad right after.

Yibo didn't even notice that his brother and Dad had left until they had both disappeared through the hallway corner, feeling unexplainably anxious at the supposed lack of support, he could only hope for Xiao Zhan to not get mad.

Thinking the kid would want to run over to his Papa, Yibo slowly loosened his hold but Yian stubbornly gripped his hands even tighter, taking a step back and tightly clutching the hem of his coat, he was clearly getting defensive.

Seeing the awfully familiar scene unfold, Xiao Zhan felt a massive sense of loss; that same rush of fear he'd felt when the boy had first rejected him, he felt it again.