e n o y t n e w t 2 1

| T W E N T Y O N E |

everyone vs the undeserving asshole yibo

Mr Wang sat on the opposite side of the table. His gaze solemnly over Xiao Zhan who was serious while flipping through the given documents.

Wang Corps's legal agent, Miss Han had just finished all the explaining. With her body resting back on the flocculent couch, she calmly sipped on her tea.

It'd be fair to say that among everyone present, Xiao Zhan was undoubtedly the only who had every bit of his conscience muddled. He could easily differentiate himself from the present two and this really didn't help.

How he wished he'd never had that conversation in the first place, how he wished he hadn't gone out of his way to come meet the old man afraid he'd offend him if he didn't. He was simply too yielding, wasn't he?

[the hapless night at the Wang Mansion]

After what felt like an eternity of awkward silence, "I know Yibo isn't the best guy" the old man sighed.

Xiao Zhan who stood before the sink washing vegetables he'd formerly offered to chop nearly dropped everything to the floor. The least he wanted was to have a conversation about someone he desperately wanted to avoid but it seemed there wasn't much they shared in common, except for Yibo, there was probably nothing they could ever talk about.

The water flowing over the sink came to an abrupt halt as he heard the other again, "He can't be an ideal partner to you nor a fit father for that little boy"

Rather than what seemed to be a light, clever remark to get the youngster all packed within his palms, the words just uttered were far more resolute, Mr Wang was adamant. He was sure of his impression of the other. He knew well, Yibo really wasn't that guy.

Xiao Zhan nervously picked on his lower lip, his front still before the sink, he softly muttered, "After everything, I'd be a fool to think he was"

The latter carefully ladled the boiling soup. Checking over the ingredients, he gave it a stir before sealing it with a transparent lid.

"Then...If I may ask.." He turned around. With a quick glance at Xiao Zhan, his sight lingered over nothing in particular, "Are you currently seeing anyone?"

The way this conversation was going, Xiao Zhan could barely understand. He'd not expected the other to be so forward either, taking him a few seconds of struggle, he gradually held the hook.

Jerking the drenched vegetables over, he avoided the older's gaze as he walked fast to the kitchen aisle. Nervous, he frailly grabbed the cutting board, "It seems unnecessary" Placing the fresh cabbage down, he chopped, "For both Yian and myself, we're more than enough"

That was a lie. About being enough and what Yian actually wanted, he'd never been confident but before words that seemed to push him under someone else's hold, he'd rather fake strength than shamelessly yield.

Setting aside the yearning Yian could hardly contain, he never understood why it was necessary for him to have a partner. All these years he'd stood alone before the world. With a womb unclaimed, he'd tried more than just his best to march before what petty opinions called him to be. He worked, he paid, he cooked, he washed, he did literally everything all by himself and no, he wasn't complaining, he couldn't. For a baby like Yian, he could even work a whole building by himself, playing two roles at once, it really wasn't a big deal.

Mr Wang sighed, "I won't beat around the bush then, you seem to know what I am getting at" His voice flowed naturally as he proceeded, "Xiao Zhan, I'm not suggesting you get a father for the boy because you aren't capable of doing that alone nor am I even implying you get a partner because you need someone to rely on but, you're still young and Yian is yet to sprout out his cocoon. If the boy had one more to drop him off at school and you could have just another to give you the love you deserve, doesn't that sound great?" He ushered.