y t n e w t 2 0

| T W E N T Y |

manhandled; s1 e2

It was pouring. The first rain of the season as if aiming to wash every living thing away lashed like never before.

By the bus stop, Xiao Zhan stood waiting for a long time. Looking to not be in a hurry like everyone else who was, he casually pulled up his phone. Just as he was about to slide into his contacts, the familiar name popped up. A single ring and Xiao Zhan immediately answered.

"Ge"

He chuckled at the hurried address.

Forgot again, no?

He'd guessed long ago but just to make sure he still wanted to wait.

Taking the time, he switched his phone to his left before humming in response.

Unlike usual when he'd immediately set things through, questioning the younger on why he'd make plans but always forget, the response today was vague. Xiao Zhan was looking forward to the apology that'd come roaring in a few seconds, he wanted to act mad today, act disappointed.

"Zhan Ge"

The 18-year old however was in no mood to rush.

The mentioned man pursed his lips, "Hm"

"Xiao Zhan"

Confused, Xiao Zhan titled his head to the side. Was this Yibo's newfound hobby? Addressing him till he'd get irritated, was that it?

"Yes"

A little impatient, this yes was unlike the soft hums from some time ago.

Xiao Zhan found the other both amusing and funny, he sucked in a laugh before he heard again, "Zhan Zhan"

The older really couldn't play along anymore, giggles easily slipping through his bunny teeth.

"What is it?" He asked with a smile.

The heavy rain complimented the other's breathing. He could hear the drizzling from across the line and through it, he could also hear his boyfriend breathe, soft and soothing. Xiao Zhan liked it, even in the cold, he felt warm.

His eyes were fixed on the paved road when the rain hit his pants, to avoid getting wet he carelessly drew a few steps back.

Busy smiling over his boyfriend's antics, he was caught off-guard with a tug on his waist, his behind abruptly coming in contact with someone's chest.

Startled, Xiao Zhan wanted to turn around but before he could, the familiar voice rang through his phone, "Baby"

He shook; the voice this time was louder but Xiao Zhan's mind was clouding, he couldn't think straight.

The hand that circled his waist was pressed by another while the phone in his ears followed by a piercing beep fell smoothly silent.

The rain was just as loud but along with the fresh and mushy smell of pouring water, the familiar cologne rushed through his nostrils, he wanted to turn around but he really couldn't. He was feeling hot all over and even if he couldn't see himself, he knew he was blushing hard.

"I thought you forgot again" He whispered.

Yibo laughed fondly from behind him, lips touching the other's nape, "I'm sorry, I'm a terrible boyfriend" he resigned.

-

"absolutely terrible" The 26-year-old mumbled, his head resting over the windowpane.

It looked like it'd rain soon but also like it wouldn't. He could see the streetscapes but they weren't very clear, his vision hazy.