♧ seven ♧

" Do you trust me? "

-

Gathered in the library, the remaining five boys were all scattered around in the room filled with books as the rain continued to fall outside. Much to their dismay, the storm showed no signs of subsiding, and since Aeri still didn't allow them to enter the two places, she suggested for them to settle in the library instead.

"There might be something useful here." She said.

"Useful my ass." Jimin grunted, his hands flipping through hundreds of pages of the book he was holding onto before putting it back on the shelf. "All we have been doing is flip through stupid novels and I highly doubt there is something useful in here."

"Where did Aeri even go? Isn't she supposed to help us?" Namjoon queried, his eyes scanning the rows of words of the book he was reading through with a fast pace.

"Said something about finding old diaries from the room she's staying with her grandmother." Yoongi shrugged before heaving an annoyed puff of air. "Jimin is right, we are getting nowhere here."

"But the storm—"

Yoongi cut Hoseok off with a glare. "What if she's just trying to drag time by lying to us about the storm situation? We can't exclude any possible hypothesis."

"Lower your voice down hyung! We don't need her to hear this." Hoseok nudged Yoongi who was seated by his side.

"So you're suggesting that we explore the forbidden areas ourselves?" Taehyung raised his thick eyebrows, his eyes leaving the row of books he was scanning.

"Should we?" Namjoon bit his lip.

"That's practically a suicide mission." Jimin exasperated. "But with us wasting time over here, who knows what Seokjin hyung and Jungkookie are facing right now?"

A moment of silence enshrouded them at Jimin's words. A lightning flashed then, its luminous white light brightening the room through the windows before a thunder roared in the sky.

"I hope they're safe." Hoseok muttered.

♤ ♡ ◇ ♧

Twisting the doorknob, Seokjin was the first one to step into the large rectangular room. Jungkook quickly followed in, and they both flinched and whipped their heads back when they realized that the door had disappeared after a loud bang, leaving only a blank wall of white.

"The house is really determined to trap us inside huh?" Jungkook chuckled incredulously.

Seokjin shrugged, and the boys glanced around the room. Unlike the previous one they were in, this room was almost as bright as the day, but the distant sounds of rain pouring and thunders clapping could still be heard, so it only meant that the room was just... strikingly bright.