♧ nine ♧

" Can't you see me? "

-

"Psychopath."

Jungkook snickered at his hyung's word, his eyes not tearing away from his scowling face. They were currently walking blindly in another corridor with dark maroon wallpapers plastered on both sides, the narrow hallway lit only with yellow lamps hung from the ceiling.

"Maybe the house is a sasaeng." Jungkook joked, and raised his arms in surrender when Seokjin glared at him.

"Not funny Kook." Seokjin deadpanned, tired of the house's schemes. "It freaking said we look hot with blood on us! I bet it's happy that we got hurt."

As if hearing his statement, the house shook as it vibrated a little, making the both of them to stop their footsteps. The rain was still pouring outside, and the weather felt as if it was dropping bit by bit as time went by.

"I'm hungry." Jungkook pouted, his stomach emitting a grumbling sound as he spoke.

Seokjin frowned. "You haven't eaten since yesterday's lunch, right?"

"Yeah, unfortunately for me." Jungkook pressed onto his abdomen, hoping to stop his hunger.

"I don't have anything on me right now." Seokjin's eyebrows knitted together.

"It's alright. I'm a big boy hyung, I'll manage." Jungkook offered an adorable smile to his brother, giggling when Seokjin pulled him into an embrace.

"Hyung will buy you whatever you want to eat when we get out of this hellhole. I promise." Seokjin patted his back, knowing Jungkook was probably more scared than he was, but his ego was too big to show.

"We have to find the mirror now to see our friends." Jungkook stated when they detached from each other before walking again.

"Do you think whatever the mirror the house mentioned, is somehow connected to the one Yoongi saw you last time?" Seokjin tilted his head, and Jungkook shrugged. "Think Kook. You must have seen something to let Yoongi see you."

"I don't know. I didn't see anything that shows me my own reflection." Jungkook thought harder than before, but to no avail.

"Did you see anything out of ordinary? Like, it somehow intrigues you and pulls you in?" Seokjin tried again when they finally reached a junction.

Jungkook's eyes then landed on a familiar family portrait at the end of the hallway, gasping when he realized something wasn't right. Holding onto his hyung's hand, he lifted his trembling index finger up and pointed at the photo.

Curious, Seokjin followed his gaze and observed the photo. He frowned when he couldn't figure out what made Jungkook so perplexed.

Similarly to what the younger had seen yesterday when he was lured into the corridor by the voice pretending to be Jimin, the portrait still showed the four family members, but instead of the nonchalant looks he saw in the previous one, in this, Aeri's parents were grimacing. And the frowns on their faces contrasted greatly with their daughter's grinning ones.