♧ ten ♧

" Be careful what you wish for

" Be careful what you wish for. "

-

Jimin had never felt this sense of euphoric bliss.

He was confused, but the smile on his face continued to grow as he watched his fans holler the fanchants professionally below the stage where he was performing. Spotlights were shining upon him from the above, making the tiny pretty glitters and diamonds on his stage outfit to shimmer as he danced to the music, feeling as one with it.

It wasn't his first time to be performing before millions of people, so why was he extra jolly today? He wanted to shower his fans with kisses, but he knew that he couldn't do that, so he was putting in more effort than usual as he continued to perform the choreography alongside with his groupmates.

As he shifted his position towards the back, he scanned his brothers with a quick glance, only to freeze when he realized that there were only four of them in front, with the oldest and the youngest gone from the group. He began to panic, and shouted in worry and confusion at his friends, but they paid no attention to him, all too occupied with their own parts of the song.

Even when he had taken a wrong step and fallen down, unlike what the rest would usually do, they ignored him and simply continued to dance without him, as if... as if he wasn't even there in the first place. Taking his earpieces off, that was when he realized that the fanchants had shorten to only four names, and none of the fans were looking at his direction.

"No. This must be a nightmare!" Jimin exclaimed, standing up from the ground to run towards Taehyung - his best friend.

Raising his arm to hold onto his friend, he stared in bewilderment as his hand went right through Taehyung's arm. He tried again, and again, but they all resulted the same.

"What's going on?" Jimin mumbled, his footsteps losing its balance when he reached the edge of the stage, falling down instantly without his cry of help heard by anyone.

Jolting awake from his nightmare, Jimin breathed in and out quickly as he sat right up, and counted his friends who were all sleeping soundly on the bed. He fluttered his eyes close when there were still five of them on the bed, including himself.

Feeling the need to refresh himself, Jimin made a beeline towards the ensuite bathroom, and switched on the lights before heading towards the sink to turn the tap on. He splashed cold water onto his face, and heaved a long sigh when he felt himself finally calming down.

Turning the bathroom lights off, he rubbed his eyes while stifling an exhausted yawn, his legs moving back to the bed. About to squeeze in between Namjoon and Taehyung again, he froze when he felt a cool breeze attack him from the behind, its icy touches alerting his mind to go into full panic mode.

Jimin attempted to scream, but his mouth was covered by the freezing unknown entity, and before he could even grab onto any of his friends, he was already dragged away from them.