Part 6

Over 100 reads?!? And 6 votes?!? Wow. You guys made my day. Here's part 6. ONWARD!!!

Parseltongue- Harry speaking ; snakes speaking

'mind talking/ communicating'

**************

Luckily for Harry, Vernon was still not home when he came back. His aunt seemed to have forgotten about it, and forced him to do more chores. But some secrets cannot last forever. The next day, there was an owl, saying somebody was going to come and take Harry away for school. Vernon of course didn't want that, so they all moved to an old shack in the middle of the sea. It was hideous. But Harry could not complain. There were fresh bruises on him, his only comfort being Sicily, who was currently on his chest. There was a storm raging outside, no way someone would want to come here. 

It was late night, and Harry was still awake, lying on the cold floor, covered with the thinnest blanket ever. He looked over at Dudley's wristwatch; 11:48. In 12 minutes, it was going to be Harry's birthday. 

Happy early birthday, young one. Sicily hissed. Harry smiled slightly at her, and stroked her. He truly loved her. Harry looked back at the clock; 5 minutes. 

4 minutes...

1 minute... Wait, what was that noise?

30 seconds.. Is someone out their?

29..

28..

20.. Seems like their right outside.

10..

9... Sounds like it's a man?... Or something.

5..

4..

3.. BOOM!!! Somebody wad trying to get in.

2..1... BOOM!!! SMASH!!! Crashed open the door. Outside, their was a giant standing outside, dripping from head to toe. He came inside, and lifted the door back where it belonged. Petunia and Vernon came downstairs and screamed. Dudley started whimpering. 

"Could I have some tea, please?" the giant asked politely. There went the scary mood. Harry internally rolled his eyes, but the Dursleys were still frozen. The giant sighed, and pulled out a kettle from his robes, and started a fire. Harry instantly felt warmer, and he smiled a bit at the giant, who introduced himself as Hagrid. Apparently, he was here to help Harry get his supplies, since Harry had accepted to go to Hogwarts. After giving Dudley a pig tail, both left for Diagon Alley. First, they stopped at Leaky Cauldron. Harry was not bombarded like before, and the people were much nicer. After entering the street, they went inside Gringotts. After collecting some money, Harry took out his school list. He had talked to Professor McGonagall the other day, and she said it was fine to bring Sicily along; and long as she didn't attack anyone. Sicily agreed, not wanting to leave Harry. 

Hagrid first took him to get him some school robes. When Harry entered Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions, there was a boy standing on one of the stools. He had pale skin and blond hair. As soon as their eyes met, Harry a tiny jolt; like the one where you rub something together, and when you touch something you feel a small spark. But he chose to ignore it. Unknown to him, the blond boy also felt the spark. Harry stood next to him, and was slipped on a long robe. Madam Malkin set to pin it to the correct measurements. 

"Hello," the boy said. "Hogwarts, too?"

"Yes," Harry said.

"I'm Malfoy, Draco Malfoy,"

"Harry," he said simply. He didn't wanted to be treated with fame, so he had covered his scar.

"My father's next door buying my books and Mother's up the street looking at wands," Draco said. "Then I'm going to drag them off to look at racing brooms. I don't see why first years can't have their own. I think I'll bully Father into getting me one and I'll smuggle it in somehow. Have you got your broom?"

"No," said Harry.

"Play Quidditch at all?"

"Play what?" Harry asked. Draco looked shocked.

"You don't know what Quidditch is?"

"Sorry, I didn't know I was a wizard until a few days ago."

"Were your parents muggles?"

"No, they were wizards. But they were killed so I was raised by my aunt and uncle."

"Well then, I must tell you all about it. It is the best game! Father says it's a crime if I'm not picked to play for my House, and I must say, I agree. Know what house you'll be in yet?"

"I don't know." Harry had bought a copy of Hogwarts: A History, which explained all about the houses. He wasn't sure which house he was going in. The two boys talked for a while, then Harry left with his uniform. Hagrid had come back with ice-cream, and it was the best thing he had ever tasted. The two continued shopping, and soon they had just about everything. Harry was about to exit a bookstore when he heard a voice calling out to him. It did not sound creepy; it sounded like a sweet song. He heard it again, and saw it was coming from an owl store. Harry entered it, with a confused Hagrid behind him. 

'Here, Harry,' the voice said. Harry walked to the corner of the store, where a beautiful snowy-white owl was sitting, her ember eyes looking at him. She had a few black spots on her feathers, standing out against her whit coat. Harry couldn't look away; she was so pretty. 

'Like what you sssee, Hatchling?' Sicily thought out to him, amusement in her voice.

'I love it.' Harry thought back. He put a finger in her cage. Just then the store keeper came, and he said,

"I wouldn't do that if I were you. She bites anyone who tries to do that."

"Uh-huh," Harry replied, not paying attention. He held his finger out to her. The owl looked at him for a few seconds longer, then gently nipped his finger. Harry grinned; a true smile, and decided she was the one he wanted. The storekeeper was bewildered, but took the owl out of her cage and handed her to Harry. The owl hooted contently, and snuggled up into his arms, falling asleep. Harry went to the counter and bought food for his new friend and Sicily, then headed out to get his wand. By the time the owl had woken up, and Harry named her Hedwig. At Ollivander's Harry blew up just about every single wand, Sicily and Hedwig laughing at him. Finally, a wand chose him, which was made out of holly and had a phoenix feather. For some reason, he felt a bit of a pull and a bit of a push when he felt the wand. But he decided not to bring that up. It turned out that Voldemort's wand had a feather from the same phoenix, who gave him that scar. Harry finally returned home that night, with his new belongings. The Dursleys became a bit vary of him, so most of the time they stayed out of his way. They even offered him Dudley's second bedroom, so that they didn't have to pass him and his belongings. Soon, September 1st came, and Vernon dropped him off at King's Cross Station. Harry took out all his belongings, and set out to catch the train for Hogwarts.