Part 2

"Wake up freak!" Aunt Petunia shouted, rapping her knuckles on the cupboard door. Above, Dudley jumped his way down, making dust and insects fall on Harry. Harry groaned quietly, and moved around the tiny space, making sure not to make too much noise. He winced as he tried to get up, yesterday's beating fresh on his mind. He put on his glasses, which were taped back together the umpteenth time since almost 6 years. All Harry wanted to do was sleep and heal, but he knew what would happen if he did that. He sighed, and started walking to the kitchen to cook breakfast. Today was Dudley's 11th birthday, and everything had to be perfect. 

"Get a move on, I want you to look after the bacon. And don't you dare let it burn, I want everything perfect on Dudley's birthday. You will be punished if you do," Petunia said.

"Y-yes Ma'am," Harry whispered. Petunia had already started the base; Harry needed to finish it. It was a bit hard, seeing his arms were throbbing and he was about to drop everything. He finally finished and looked for a place to put it on the table, which was hidden beneath all the birthday presents. Dudley had gotten everything he wanted, including a ricing bike, which was a mystery to Harry, as Dudley was very fat and hated exercising. Unless it involved punching somebody, usually Harry, who usually escaped. Harry didn't look it,  but he was very fast. He was very small and skinny for his age, and looked even smaller wearing Dudley's clothes, who was 4 times the six. But that was useless since Dudley told Uncle Vernon who in return carried out hitting Harry. 

Harry had pale skin, a mop of black hair that was impossible to tame, and once filled happiness green eyes. He also had a thin scar on his forehead shaped like a bolt of lightning. When he was little, he asked how he had gotten it. Aunt Petunia told him it was from the car crash his parents had died in. But Harry knew that was not true. He had seen his mother fall on the ground himself; he remembered what had happened. He remembered everything and forgot nothing, except who the two men were. You can say he was shocked when the Dursleys started yelling and hitting him when he did magic. When he was at home, he got praised for it! But he quickly learned his parents were dead, and this was his new family, who hated, no, despised magic. 

Harry put the food next to Dudley, who was counting his presents. "36," he said, looking at his mother and father. "That's 2 less than last year!"

"You haven't counted Auntie Marge's present yet. See, it's here under this big one from Mummy and Daddy."

"Alright, 37 then," Dudley said, going red in the face. Harry quickly stepped back, knowing there was going to be a storm soon.

Petunia also sensed this. "We'll go out and buy you 2 more presents okay, darling. 2 more, how about that?" Dudley thought for a moment.

"That would make thirty.... thirty..."

"39, darling."

"Alright." Just then, Petunia got a phone call. She came back after a few minutes looking angry and worried.

"Figg broke her leg. She won't be able to take him," she said, looking at Harry with disgust. The Dursleys started to look angry. "We can't leave him in the house, he will blow it up!" 

"What about Marge?" Vernon mentioned.

"Don't be silly, she hates him. And I don't want a lecture from her."

"I have an idea. You two get ready, and I will see you in a bit outside," Vernon said, grinning.

Petunia looked at him, then said to Dudley, "Let's get you ready, dear. We are going to the zoo." 

Vernon finally left the house after an hour, wearing new clothes. The three got into the car and drove off. Harry, on the other hand, was in the cupboard, red liquid surrounding him.