Part 1

I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE CHARACTERS! Feel free to comment, but no hate.

This is my first story, so let's see how this goes.

**************

Lily Potter was a bright witch, in Hogwarts, and after Hogwarts. She was friendly to everyone, and had something nice to say to everybody (except her sister's husband). But right now she wanted curse and yell at one specific person. It all started when she was leaving a restaurant with her best friends.

"Hey Lils, everything ready?" Remus asked.

"Yep! I'll wake Harry up and then we can go." Lily replied.

"Aww, Harry looks so cute sleeping! Leave the poor boy in peace! He already has enough chaos in his days with his crazy father and uncles."

"I know Remus. But we really need to get going. Who know if he will come here soon."

~Sigh~ "Fine. But I still can't believe that he changed. Horribly. I thought he would be better than that."

"I'll drop you, Peter, and Sirius off then me and James will go home. Ok?"

"Sure. Thanks."

Time skip: An hour later

"Bye guys!" Lily and James shouted.

"Bye!" Remus and Peter shouted back.

"Until next time, Lils, Prongs and Prongslet," Sirius said.

Lily rolled her eyes but stopped abruptly. Ever since they had left, it felt like something or somebody had been following them. She couldn't shake off the feeling, no matter how hard she tried. She told James this, who said he had also been feeling it, but decided it was nothing. 

After driving back home, the family of three curled up onto a couch, listening to the radio. Even though they were wizards, sometime even James appreciated muggle devices. But it had not even been 5 minutes that there was knocking on the door. 

"Were you expecting anyone, James?" Lily asked.

"Nope. Maybe it's Padfoot," James replied. But as soon as he opened the door, he started shouting, "He's here! Lily, take Harry and run as fast as you can!" Lily was dumbfounded. She couldn't leave James, nor she could risk her son's life! 

"What about you!" she shouted.

"I'll try to hold him out as long as I can. I am sending a message to the Marauders. They coming to help me." This calmed Lily down enough so that she kissed James one last time and said, "Be safe."

James' eyes softened "I will. Now go." Lily started running upstairs to the nursery. She put Harry in the crib and started saying encouraging words to him.

Meanwhile, downstairs the intruder started having a duel with James. He didn't want to kill the parents, he wanted to kill the baby. He knew this was the one the prophecy was talking about. How dare Trelawney mention that a mere child would have greater power than him! He had decided to follow Lily and James to their house, and put on a charm so that he could get past the wards undetected. When he entered, he heard a door slam, and James started firing spells at them. He decided to end the duel early and cast a spell on James that would make him fall in a very deep sleep for 15 years. He had got the idea from the muggle book The Sleeping Beauty. Hey, those muggles come in handy sometimes. James dropped to the floor with a thud, then he proceeded to claim the child's life.

Lily heard the thud, and a few seconds later, the door flew open with a blast. Lily cried out, holding the baby if her life depended on it. She hated this man with all her life. She put Harry back in the crib, and stepped in front on him.

"Step aside girl, it is not you I want to harm."

"No," Lily said.

"I will spare your life. Step aside."

"I said no. Take my life, not his. He is just a boy."

"No. I do not wish to take your life. But do not force me to."

"Please, spare his life. Take me, but not his!" she cried out. She was about to start cursing and yell at him when he said, "Fine then. Ruina somnum!" And like her husband, she too fell in a deep slumber.

Then the man turned to Harry. He was crying, making noises for his mommy to wake up. "Now you. With you gone, I shall be the greatest wizard in the century! Avad-"

"Stop!" someone shouted from behind him. He groaned. Now what?

"What are you doing, killing an innocent baby?" a man with dark robes said.

"Innocent?!?  He is not innocent. He will be more powerful than both of us!"

"That is still not an excuse to kill him! If you don't move then I will kill you myself!"

By then the man who forced the parents to fall had an idea. He stepped in front of Harry and said, "Fine, kill me."

Without hesitation, the man with the black shouted, "AVADA KEDAVRA!" He got caught in the trap. The man disapperated, and the killing curse hit Harry. But something extraordinary happened. The curse bounced back, hitting the man instead, and leaving a scar in the shape of a lightening bolt in his forehead. The man collapsed on the floor, and disappeared.

**************

Who do think the power-hungry man is?