[2] Small World

George went back into the room after his shower.

Clay was still lying on his bed, holding his phone directly above his face in the air. George went over to his side of the room sat on his bed, not really knowing what to say, well, more accurately, IF he should say anything at all.

"So what are you majoring in?" Clay had put his phone down and now was casually looking up at the ceiling, head resting against his pillow. His blonde hair laid about him lazily, having not a care in the world.

"C-computer science," George stumbled on the first word, again, resulting in him being even more embarrassed.

"Oh cool, me too!" Clay sat up "Do you do coding?"

"I- Yeah."

"Nice, I'm actually working on something at the moment, its a Minecraft plug-in...You've obviously heard of Minecraft...?"

"Of course! I used to play it as a kid, well I still do now..." George didn't really tell anyone he played the game, his old friends said that it was a "baby game" and he should play shit like Fifa {as you can tell, I do not like Fifa :) }  But he felt like he could tell Clay because it was clear he played the game too.

"Finally! The only person I know who still plays it is my friend Nick..."

"Nick?" George had a friend called Nick too, also the only one who played Minecraft...

"Yeah, Nick Pandas...pretty weird name I know."

George looked at Clay in disbelief. The Nick he knew's last name was also Pandas, and that was not a very common last name.

"You know, I think I know him..." Said George "He's actually one of my closest friends."

"Really?! Thats so weird...Its like the universe wanted, us..to-to, meet, or...something.."

George laughed a little, even though the words that came out of the boys mouth made his stomach erupt with butterflies.

"Yeah I suppose, haha..."

The room went silent for a moment, as Clay took a glance out the window. The evening sun warmed his face and made it a light orange colour. It made his face...glow.

Oh my Lord please GIVE ME A BREAK  thought George, pleading for just a moment when he didn't have to cover his face a little, hiding the blushing mess behind.

*

He was actually meant to meet up with Nick at lunch the next day. He didn't really like "hanging out", but it was OK when it was just one of his closest friends. He usually uses his free time to code alone or if it was sunny, he would read somewhere under a tree, alone. He just liked the silence, he'd never been to a party or anything like that, and didn't want to.

Clay was asleep before George, a soft, quiet snore sound escaped his lips with every sleeping breath he took. It took all of Georges will power not to turn over in his bed and take glance at the unconscious boy, who he imagined looked even cuter in sleep...That was creepy...

The next day, it was his first day in lesson. It was better than he had expected it to be, no one really talked to him, just how he liked it. It wasn't that long until he found that everyone was walking out to go meet their other friends at lunch. George didn't really want to leave the quiet classroom, he would have loved it if he could just sit there, with his thoughts as his only companion. Hm...Now that the thought about it, he did not actually like to just have his own thoughts, the deeper his thoughts, the weirder they got ...

He got up, picked up his bag and left the classroom to go meet his friend.

Nick was where they had arranged to meet, under the oak tree near the small river. Nick knew that George didn't really like being out in a busy place, and the campus was quite crowded most of the time. That why they chose this spot, away from the noise.