•ARE ALL SIN EQUAL•

Hebrew 10:12 But when Christ had offered for all time a single sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God,

It is commonly taught that all sin is equal. However, the Bible says differently.

What is sin?:

A sin is an immoral act considered to be a transgression against divine law.

Why was I taught that?:

Romans 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

Isaiah 59:2 But your iniquities have separated you from your God; your sins have hidden his face from you, so that he will not hear.

We are all born with a sinful nature. This means that at some point in time we sin, making us all equally sinners. We are all equally separated from God.

James 2:10 For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.

We all fall short and sin. When we commit one sin we are healed accountable for all. This would also imply that in the since of separation from God, that all of our sins are equal in the end. This would be because they all equally lead to us being held accountable for all of the law. Meaning that our action in the end equally separates us from God. This is most likely where the misunderstanding happens. Just because in the end sin is equal in outcome, does not mean that it is viewed the same or that it has the same consequences.

Differences in consequences and how God views the Sin:

verses showing the difference in view of sin:

John 19:10-11 "Do you refuse to speak to me?" Pilate said. "Don't you realize I have power either to free you or to crucify you?" Jesus answered, "You would have no power over me if it were not given to you from above. Therefore the one who handed me over to you is guilty of a greater sin."

Matthew 7:3 "Do you refuse to speak to me?" Pilate said. "Don't you realize I have power either to free you or to crucify you?"Jesus answered, "You would have no power over me if it were not given to you from above. Therefore the one who handed me over to you is guilty of a greater sin."

Matthew 23:24 You blind guides! You strain out a gnat but swallow a camel.

Ezekiel 8:6-16

And he said to me, "Son of man, do you see what they are doing, the great abominations that the house of Israel are committing here, to drive me far from my sanctuary? But you will see still greater abominations." And he brought me to the entrance of the court, and when I looked, behold, there was a hole in the wall. Then he said to me, "Son of man, dig in the wall." So I dug in the wall, and behold, there was an entrance. And he said to me, "Go in, and see the vile abominations that they are committing here." So I went in and saw. And there, engraved on the wall all around, was every form of creeping things and loathsome beasts, and all the idols of the house of Israel. And before them stood seventy men of the elders of the house of Israel, with Jaazaniah the son of Shaphan standing among them. Each had his censer in his hand, and the smoke of the cloud of incense went up. Then he said to me, "Son of man, have you seen what the elders of the house of Israel are doing in the dark, each in his room of pictures? For they say, 'The Lord does not see us, the Lord has forsaken the land.'" He said also to me, "You will see still greater abominations that they commit."Then he brought me to the entrance of the north gate of the house of the Lord, and behold, there sat women weeping for Tammuz. Then he said to me, "Have you seen this, O son of man? You will see still greater abominations than these."And he brought me into the inner court of the house of the Lord. And behold, at the entrance of the temple of the Lord, between the porch and the altar, were about twenty-five men, with their backs to the temple of the Lord, and their faces toward the east, worshiping the sun toward the east.

Verses regarding different consequences:

1 corinthians 6:9-10 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

Ephesians 2:10 For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

1 Corinthians 5:5, "hand this man over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, so that his spirit may be saved on the day of the Lord."

There are many others these are just a few.

Determining factors regarding the seriousness of sin:

Luke 12:47-48 "The servant who knows the master's will and does not get ready or does not do what the master wants will be beaten with many blows. But the one who does not know and does things deserving punishment will be beaten with few blows. From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.

The more knowledge that we have of God, the more responsible we are for upholding it.

Numbers 15:27-31 "'But if just one person sins unintentionally, that person must bring a year-old female goat for a sin offering. The priest is to make atonement before the Lord for the one who erred by sinning unintentionally, and when atonement has been made, that person will be forgiven. One and the same law applies to everyone who sins unintentionally, whether a native-born Israelite or a foreigner residing among you."'But anyone who sins defiantly, whether native-born or foreigner, blasphemes the Lord and must be cut off from the people of Israel. Because they have despised the Lord's word and broken his commands, they must surely be cut off; their guilt remains on them.'"

The seriousness is affected by whether or not we intend to sin. We can knowingly sin or we can unknowingly sin.

James 3:1 Not many of you should become teachers, my fellow believers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly.

Teachers are seen by the public and are more likely to mislead others.

I hope you all are enjoying the book so far. This is my first time writing. I'm still learning so please kindly correct my mistakes. This is very time-consuming so if you do like the book please give it a star. Thank you and have a blessed day.