~Part Twenty Seven~

Three years have passed. That's over one thousand days. Iwa and I are twenty-one years old now. Both of us graduated from high school, though Iwa is in his third year of college while I am in my first year.

To everyone's surprise, I didn't immediately apply for higher education. Instead, I had developed an interest in mythology.

But in order to study this, I would have to know how to read Latin and/or Greek. Because I never picked these subjects in high school, I had to take a two year course to learn them. Imagine how hard it was to tell Iwa-chan! He was so mad at me for a while!

About me and Iwa... It's basically like "we're friends, except now I can sometimes kiss you and hold your hand". Nothing else has changed! We still call each other by our last names, we still live seperately, he still hits me and is mean to me. We haven't ever gone any further than just a small kiss. Seriously. The most exciting one was after our first date. It makes me wonder sometimes. What if he actually liked Lana, but realized he fucked up, and then picked me instead?

And if that isn't bad enough, I had to see my friend Yamaguchi go through all of his love trouble too! And, god, are him and Tsukishima idiots! They had a fight that lasted two years because neither of them wanted to talk about it. Seeing them be so in love... It really makes me feel jealous.

I wonder what I could do to make Iwa and me become closer? Maybe I should tell him I love him more often. But, then again, he doesn't really answer... Should I tell him about my secret?

In the nine years I have had this ability, I have only told two people: Makki and Mattsun. And even with them, I don't really discuss it. Sure, I still see timers and they still run out. But none of the people close to me seem to have one anymore, so I kind of forget about it most times.

The most scary thing that happens is a reoccuring nightmare that Iwa will somehow get a new timer. I mean, it is possible. Tsukishima's timer was also unreliable. I still wonder who changed fate...

'Hey, Loserkawa. How much longer will you stare at the wall? We need to go.' My lover's voice pops up behind me.

'Right!' As I was saying before, Tsukishima and Yamaguchi are really cheesy and really stupid lovers. And today, both me and Iwa are going to help them with their proposal. That should be fun.

While we get in the car, I double check everything. 'We have the lanterns, I gave Tsukishima the key... You gave him your watch, right?'

Iwaizumi nods. 'Yeah. I'm surprised Yamaguchi never noticed we came by. Especially with how much of a mess you made.' He frowns.

'No way! It was an accident! Don't be so mean,' I cry.

The car ride is spent in silence. It's been like this for a while now. Our useless chattering about absolutely nothing stopped when I started going to college. Did we simply become too old...?

I pout while staring out the window. Luckily, our destination is close by; we arrive at our old high school within a few minutes.

The wind blows softly. It's pretty cold outside. At least I put on a jacket, but Iwa... I can already see him tremble slightly.

'Ahhh, it's been so long! I wonder if the cherry tree is still there...' I sigh, staring at the place where all of it started. Here, I still had the hopes of being in a deep passionate romance with Iwa. How stupid.

We arrive a little early. My phone tells me it is 9:24 PM. The tall blond asked us to start lighting the lanterns around 9:30. There's so many of them, though... Maybe we should begin already.

'I'm surprised all of this fit in our car,' I laugh, looking at the amount of boxes we somehow managed to stack neatly.

'Let's just get to it,' Iwa says, probably hoping the fire will get him warm.