~Part Twenty Five~

My mouth falls open. My eyes widen. I'd expect myself to be angry at him for doing that to Lana. Or at least feel guilty. But I know she fell in love again just yesterday. Does that justify it all? Probably not. But I can't find it in me to care.

'Iwa-chan? What does that mean?' My voice shakes. I look at him, try to look in his eyes, but he looks away. 'So she really didn't tell you, huh?' he breathes. 'I didn't date Lana because I liked her. She knew that all along. Women really notice everything.' he laughs.

'She looked a lot like you. I thought we were childhood friends and nothing more. I thought it would be fine if I spent my life with a female you. But I couldn't.' he sighs. 'Not with all the things I started to notice, all the things you did. It was never really about Lana. It was always about you.'

He looks relieved, as if he has confessed the biggest sin. I put my arms around him. 'I'm so sorry, Iwa-chan. That I put you through this...' I genuinely apologize. 'It's not you that should be apologizing, Shittykawa. I should apologize to both you and Lana.' He rests his head on my shoulder.

'If it wasn't for Lana, why did you suddenly decide to ask me out?' Iwa asks after a long, neutral silence. 'Uh,' I'm unsure what to answer, 'I kind of lost a bet to my dad who kind of knew.' I try to make it sound as nice as I can. He frowns, then chuckles. 'Shittykawa.' He pokes my forehead. My phone buzzes.

Moonboy:
Oikawa. Tomorrow, 5PM. My favourite cafe. See you then.

You:
Sure thing. See ya.

'Iwa-chan, how about 5PM tomorrow?' I ask him, snuggling a bit closer to him. He hums as to say yes. I am happy, relieved and grinning like an idiot. I look at Iwa. Should I? I should. I softly plant a small kiss on his head. Even from above I can see his face go red as he tries to hide his face in my shoulder. I laugh, shaking the poor boy around while he desperately holds on to my arm.

'So that makes you nervous, but passionately kissing Lana doesn't?' I say, still laughing. 'Shut up! Shut up!' Iwa softly punches my chest a few times. 'It's all your fault.' he pouts. So cute, Iwa. 'Why?' I tease him. He glares at me. I grin at him. 'I can't help it. I couldn't kiss you, but I could kiss her. It's not like you did something about it.' he mumbles.

I hum. He's wrong. Does he know? No. Should he know? No, no, no. Definitely not. But this is Iwa. And Iwa knows all. 'What?' It is now Iwa's turn to ask questions. 'What're you looking so satisfied for?' 'No, nothing.' I pat his head. 'You thought I didn't notice back then?' he smirks. 'I know you had a fever, so I blamed it on that, but looking back on it now...' I feel all blood rush to my face.

He's looking up at me, knowing I can't look away nor move. I try to hide my face behind my hands, but he quickly stops me. 'At least I'm not a coward.' I scoff. 'What was that?' He sits up straight and pokes me in my side. I yelp, finally able to move, and distance myself a few metres. Iwa laughs. 'I'm the coward, huh?' 'Shut up.' I pout.

The bell rings again, freeing me from the awkward conversation. He knew. He knew. He knew. He knew. I did a lot of things hinting to my feelings, but Iwa never noticed. I chuckle, turning my gaze to Iwa. He smiles, looking really happy. I grab his hand, squeezing it as he entwines our fingers. I hope for this blissful moment to never end.

~I think we're nearing the end? Maybe I'll start Tsukkiyama before finishing this, cause the next chapter is the date, and I want some more Tsukkiyama before I do that. So for now, that's all! Thsnk you to my first ever reader ProbablyAsleep! See ya later, and please check out my next fic! -J~