~Part Seven~

I wake up way too early. I grab my phone and sees that it's only 5AM, while my alarm had ben set for 8AM. I sigh, turn around and close my eyes again. Tama's wedding is today, huh... I start to feel nervous. Nothing should go wrong, my poem's ready and I bought the perfect gift. Then it hits me: Iwa's timer ends today.

If what I was before is called 'nervous', then this is anxiety. All kind of thoughts fill my head. It went right with me, but what if it won't go as well with him? What if Iwa gets hurt? Can I protect him? Will I lose him?

In order to stop the thoughts flooding my mind, I grab my phone again and message Iwa.

You:
Good morning Iwa-chan! I hope you're ready for Tama's big day!

To my surprise, I get an answer almost immediately.

Iwa:
Why are you even awake, Shittykawa? Go to sleep while you still can. Don't ruin your pretty little face today.

He called me pretty. He did that often, more or less as a sarcastic snarl, but for some reason, it made my heart pound.

You:
Well, why are you awake then, Iwa? You're even worse when you don't sleep! I'm just nervous!

Iwa:
Shut up, Trashykawa. Want me to come over to hug you or something? Go to sleep, dumbass.

You:
Yeah, that'd be nice.

Why'd I say that? I'm tired, but it's not like me to go in on his sarcastic comments.

You:
Just kidding, Iwa-chan. Sleep well!

I quickly put away my phone. Messaging Iwa was a bad idea; my heart's beating even faster then it was before. I try to calm down and sleep, but I end up tossing and turning for the remaining five hours, the alarm scaring me out of my thoughts.

I get up and see that my dad is in a worse state than I am. He is putting butter on his hand, thinking he's holding a piece of bread, while yawning loudly. 'Dad, I don' t think that'll work.' I laugh a bit as I take the knife out of his hand. He looks at me, at his hand, then at me again. For whatever reason, he finds it a great idea to facepalm himself with his buttered hand. I laugh even louder. 'Just.. Go to the bathroom, alright? Take a shower. I'll make breakfast.'

I hum while making some toast. Even though I saw Iwa just yesterday, I'm both excited and anxious to see him again today, in a suit, at a wedding. While imagining the always rough Iwa in something as delicate as a suit, I almost burn the toast, quickly getting it out and focusing on myself instead of Iwa.

The morning passes by real quick and soon it is time to leave. I'm wearing the cologne Iwa gave me on my 18th birthday, while wearing a rented black suit and one of my dad's black ties. I decide to message Iwa as I step into the car.

You:
Iwa-chan, I'm on my way. Will be there in 30-45 minutes!

I put away my phone and look through my dad's CDs. Most of his music is old. I put The Prodigy's 'World's on Fire' in the music player as we drive away.

Luckily, the road was pretty calm, and we arrive early. It's almost 10.30AM, the wedding starts at 12PM. Iwa is supposed to arrive at 11, to help Tama's boyfriend Ben. I greet the people already there as I walk into the room. Tama and Ben's closest family have already arrived, making sure everything is picture perfect for the wedding.