𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒗𝒊𝒊𝒊

"Riana, my baby, Riana, you wake up," my eyes flew open hearing my mother's voice and feeling my mother's gentle touch on my forehead as she gently brushed strands of loose hair out of my face and behind my ear.

"Mum," I glanced up at my mother who was giving me a gentle smile. I sat up slowly and turned around, to see that I was now lying in my bed in my own bedroom, snuggled into the familiar warm blankets and fluffy pillows.

All of a sudden, all my memories came crashing back to me and I plopped my head back onto the pillow. "Mum, that person I saw at the hospital, is it really them?" I asked her timidly, tears threatening to spill from my eyes.

There's absolutely no way that person was still here, they dead, we were told they died, we were at their funeral, I watched them being buried into the ground. This can't be possible, right?

Mom's face held so much pain at that moment that I just wanted to make her feel better, even as a single tear escaped her left eye and trickled down her cheek and onto our interwoven hands.

Mom looked up at me with such sadness, that I couldn't help it when more tears started dripping down my cheeks. "Yes that person really was there . . ." she trailed off, her voice sounding choked.

"B-bu-but we saw them die, we saw them being hurried, this is impossible," I told her frantically shaking my head from side to side.

"I was also surprised, and I went and spoke to them, they told me what actually happened," mom told me, squeezing my hand tighter.

Hot angry tears threatened to spill down my cheeks and a sob escape my throat. But I swallowed hard and rapidly blinked back the tears. "And what is that reason?" I asked, my voice coming out in a hoarse whisper.

"You know your father had a twin right?" Mom asks me, and I suck in a deep breath, Uncle Charlie.

"Yeah," I breathe out slowly, my eyes level with moms gaze.

"And your father was a secret agent spy for the government," she adds, looking at me carefully.

"WHAT!" I burst out much louder than was necessary, I think, "I did not know that!" I yell at mom, who is suddenly looking much older than her 39 years.

Mum sighed and looked like she needed an extremely long sleep as she lay her hand on my shoulder gently as if afraid I might flinch away, and as much as I was tempted to, I didn't.

"Your father worked undercover for the government as a spy, and he needed to make it look as if he was dead it was crucial for he's actual survival, and it so happened that your Uncle Charlie passed away, so your father pretended that was him, unfortunately in the next 4 years that followed your father was not able to tell us that he was still alive, and he carried on going on a mission, until a month ago when he was injured badly and sent into a coma which lasted 3 weeks, he has only just been allowed out of bed today, not without a wheelchair though, and it so happened that you have seen him," mum explained to me soothingly, and by the time she finished tears were streaking down my cheeks.

I wanted to yell, cry, fight or break something. This entire story seemed like something you would find coming out of a book. But all I said was, "this is the most cliché thing ever,".

Suddenly mum got up and walked silently over to the door, and pulled it open, revealing two guilty-looking twins. "Oh my god!" I exclaimed, raising my hands into the air and wiping at my face with my sleeve in an attempt to hide my tears.

"Riana, my favourite sister, we can already see you were crying, you can't really hide it from us," Don said and came to sit down next to me.

At that, I let out a small laugh and then hiccupped, and covered my mouth quickly, because I hate it when I hiccup.

And when I looked up I was confronted with a Delia who was glaring at Don her arms crossed over her chest, "I see, so you choose the annoying cracks person over the amazingly beautiful twin," she pouted, and this got me giggling. Bipolar much.

"Thanks, guys," I gave them a small smile as they enveloped me in a hug, and after a very long time, I felt safe.

After they left my bedroom I slowly got up to shower and change into comfy pyjamas, before collapsing onto my bed face down.

"Riella," a voice broke through my subconsciousness and I groaned loudly in reply, "COME AND EAT!" the voice yelled again and I recognized it as Delia's but just from hearing about the food I was already half out the door.

As soon as I stepped into the kitchen chaos surrounded me, not that it was anything unusual if I'm being honest. A silver dish clattered to the floor as mom gestured wildly for someone to set the table and Delia was excessively hitting Don on the head with a cloth. I let out a small laugh.

"Riella, darling, can you please set the table," mum huffed, a smile playing on her lips.

"Sure mum," I smiled back at her and as I was taking out the plates the doorbell rang.

Mum glanced at me, "I'll get it," I told her and went and opened the front door.

My hand fell back to my side from where it had rested on the doorknob, I looked hard at the face as they gave me a painfully small smile, "dad?" I whispered.

A/n

Heyooo what y'all think!!!