𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘪

────── ✰ ★ ✰ ──────

"Nooo, I'm not gonna audition" I whine and plop down on my bed, stuffing my head in my pillow.

"Pleeeeaseeee" Selina my best friend of 5 years begged as she plopped down beside me.

I had met Selina at the beginning of 5th grade. She had been overly friendly and just came up to me, her black hair cut in a short stylish bob and her brown eyes twinkling merrily and then she started talking to me non-stop, it was quite annoying really. I tried to get her to understand that I just don't want friends, but the girl cannot take a hint. So after a week of trying to get her to leave me --and failing-- I decided to just talk to her and now I guess she my best, and only friend.

"Butttt I just wanna sit on my butt the whole holiday and read," I protested but already knew that I'd end up losing this fight because Selina was a very persuasive person  and always got what she wanted.

"Well then you just gonna get fat because you not doing any exercise," Selina countered.

"B-b-but" I tried to come up with an excuse, but my brain decided to defy me today and conveniently gave me nothing.

"Yessss!! You don't have any other excuses. Awesome!" Selina said enthusiastically, and I removed the pillow from where my face was still buried in it to see her pumping her fist in the air.

"Aaarghhh" was the only response she got from me.

"Awesome! Andddd" Selina dragged out the word.

" whaaaat?" I groaned, suddenly feeling grumpy.

"Your crush Andrew Torres is gonna be trying to be a miniature director there," She told me happily.

Hearing this I sat up so quickly that my head hurt from the blood rush, "who told you that I have a crush on him?" I asked, incredulously.

"It's kinda obvious Riana," she said looking very sure of herself.

I tossed my pillow at her face "well I most definitely do not have a crush on him" I said putting emphasis on the 'not'.

"Sureeee" she replied, while I rolled my eyes at her.

"Anyway, even if I do the audition, which part will I be auditioning for?" I asked, now facing her.

"The main character Eliza, same as me," Selina said with a shrug.

"And what if I get the part? Then what?" I asked her with a small frown.

Selina laughed "I don't think there is really a chance of either of us getting the part, soo quit stressing".

I knew she what she actually meant was that even though I always got the parts I audition for at school there was no way than I was good enough to get the part. And that kinda hurt, but I brushed it off, like everything else.

" OK so let's go ask your mum if you can come, just to make sure," Selina said and yanked me off the bed.

I opened my door and found my cat standing there and waiting patiently I smiled and bent down scooping her of the floor and cradling her in my arms like a baby "KitsieKat" I crooned as she purred happily. Her name was actually KitKat but I call her KitsieKat when I feel like it.

"Come on!quick!" Selina urged me to go down the stairs faster, while I just rolled my eyes at her once again.

"Hey Lia!" Selina greeted my mother happily skipping into the kitchen, while I walked behind her with much less enthusiasm.

I walked up to the counter where we sometimes eat and sat down on one of the white stools. "Moooom, Selina wants me to audition for a movie with her and I don't wannaaaa" I complained, sounding like a two year old.

My mom laughed "that's nice, I give you permission to go with her for the audition, just when is the date?" My mom asked, much to my internal disappointment. I had hoped that she would be like a normal mother and say no she didn't want her daughter to become a movie actress, but no instead I get this.

"Yay!" Selina cheered "the audition is next week Tuesday, and I need to go so, byeeee" she said and skipped out the door like an actual two year old.

✰★✰

That night while I lay in bed I pondered upon what I had gotten myself into.

Why in the world did Selina's crush just have to be the popular boy of the school Alexander Becker , that boy was such an idiot, I will never forgive him for what he did to me in 4th grade.

Anyway there is absolutely no way that I'd ever be cast as the main character, or in other words his love interest.

I wouldn't ever get the part, right?

────── ✰ ★ ✰ ──────

a/n

Heyo hooman beans. If you actually made it to the end of the first chapter thank you!!! I hope you'll enjoyed that first time look into Selina's brain. I also updated the character aesthetics so you can go check that out!
Plz vote and comment if you enjoyed.
Byeeeeee

────── ✰ ★ ✰ ─────

────── ✰ ★ ✰ ──────