𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘷

────── ✰ ★ ✰ ──────

"Thank you so much for the lift Mrs.Becker," I thanked Alexanders mom, with a smile as I got out of the car.

"Anytime Riana, I can take you everyday if you'd like?" She offered me.

'Crap! How do I say that I hate being in the company of her son, without being rude?'. "I'll talk to my mom about it, and will let you know," I answered her politely, before closing the car door and walking towards the entrance of the building.

As I was day dreaming about reading this entire weekend because it was FRIDAY 'yesss'. I felt someone's arm drape round my shoulder, and I turned my gaze to face the human beside me,y eyes locking with Alex's light brown ones.

I shrugged his arm of my shoulder and turned around stopping and crossing my arms over my chest to glare at him, "what do you need now?" I asked him.

"Okay, uhm why do you seem to hate me?" He asked, looking kinda hurt?

"I don't seem to hate you, I just don't really enjoy your company," I say giving him a fake sweet smile.

"But why?" He asked, a frown making its way onto he's features.

"You don't remember," I deadpanned, "well of course you don't, it didn't really concern you, did it?" I asked.

He cocked his head to the side "are you talking about Fourth grade?" He asked me,  he's eyes showing concern.

"Of course I'm talking about fourth grade!" I exclaimed exasperated, "and I know it may seem weird that I'm still hung up on that 5 and a half years later, but you practically ruined whatever self esteem I had and whatever thoughts of having a friend was there, and just yesterday I found out that the girl I thought was my best friend was actually just using me for her own purposes!" I added, feeling tears prick at the corners of my eyes, but I blinked them back quickly.

"Riana, I'm so so sorry, I didn't ever mean to do that to you, I always thought that you were some really cool girl that didn't give a shit about what other people thought of her. . ." he trailed off, looking extremely sad may I add.

"Well you thought wrong, but may I ask why did you let that happen?" I asked him.

"I was scared, and I was new, and extremely insecure, nine year old me wasn't any better than today me, " he answered.

"Well you could of at least come and apologised to me after that, " I told him eyes flashing in anger, I think or maybe hurt?

"Believe me I was going to, but the way you looked at me after break was so scary, yes I admit you scared me, " he said when I probably looked quite shocked, " but yeah I was scared that you'd beat me up if I came near you, so I just didn't, " he ended dejectedly.

"Oh. . ." was the only thing that I could think to say, because my stupidly slow brain was still trying to process the fact that he used to be scared or intimidated by me, me of all people, wow.

"Maybe we can start over, and become friends?" Alex asked me, a small smile playing on his lips.

I smiled at him this time, a real one, "as long as you promise not to do what you did in fourth grade and if I can call you Alexander, then yeah no problem,I'd love to be friends, ".

He groaned at me but still laughed "Fine as long as I can call you Ria then, " he demanded and I pouted.

"Fineeee, " I dragged out, wait what the heck did I just agree to, aargh gosh.

"Alex and Riana, hello! Can you'll please come inside, you'll have been standing outside talking for the past ten minutes, when you could easily do it in an air conditioned room, " Erica's voice came and we both glanced at the door where she was standing and looking at us with a dissaproving yet happy smile on her face.

We both laughed and followed her inside, 'wow me and Alex laughing together, this was going to take some getting used to, but maybe getting this part wasn't so bad after all.

────── ✰ ★ ✰ ──────

So this is a short chappy, but I kinda love it!! What do you guys think!?