Chapter Fifteen

The week went by extremely fast and before Kai knew it, it was Friday. During school Kai was very jittery and anxious and Nicolas had noticed immediately. When he asked Kai about it the boy would only smile and say nothing before hugging him.

Kai decided to wear a light blue button down with some black jeans. He walked to his mirror and tentatively fixed his hair. When he looked at his face he could tell how anxious he was and took a deep breath to calm down.

Everything would be fine.

He looked at the mirror again and rolled back his shoulder to straighten up and decided to practice what he would say. He cleared his throat before confidently saying, "I like you Nic."

"I don't."

Kai gasped and turned around and panicked when he saw his brother standing there with a massive grin.

"W-what are you doing here?" He asked trying to calm down.

His brother ignored him and walked in his room, sitting down on his bed, "so you finally figured it out, huh?"

"Figured out what?" Kai asked trying to play dumb.

"I like you Nic. I like you sooo much! Please kiss me Nicolas!" Lee said trying to mimic Kai's voice and then bursting out laughing when he saw Kai's panicked and red face.

"Shut up!" Kai yelled trying to get rid of his blush as he hit his brother's head.

"Wait.." Kai's eyes widened with realization.

"You know..."

"Yes...I know. I've known actually." Lee said more softly and Kai groaned.

"How?" He asked sitting down next to his brother. "Don't tell me it's the way I look at him."

Lee smiled but shook his head. "That's part of it but you're my little brother and I've lived with you for seventeen years how could I not know?"

"So you don't care that I like..boys?" Kai asked meekly and Lee softly punched his arm.

"Of course not Kai. I don't care who you like as long as they treat you right and I know Nicolas very well he's even more protective of you then I am. If there's one person I trust to be with you then that's Nicolas." Lee said and Kai smiled widely, reaching forward and hugging his brother.

"I love you." He mumbled and Lee smiled hugging back his baby brother, "I love you too."

"Are you going to tell mom and dad?" Lee asked after pulling away and Kai shrugged.

"I..don't know. But first I want to tell Nicolas everything and then I'll think about mom and dad." Kai said, he did feel guilty about not telling his parents but he wanted Nicolas to be there with him as he did it.

He wasn't scared of his parents reaction because they always taught him that people can love whoever they want no matter the gender and that he should never judge someone because of who they like. But he still wanted Nicolas to be there.

"So you're planning on confessing your deep precious feelings to Nicolas today?" Lee teased and Kai blushed but nodded his head.

"I'll do it after dinner." He said and Lee smiled.

"Good luck and if it doesn't go great just kick him out of our house and don't give him leftovers." He said and Kai looked at him with wide eyes.

"You think it'll go badly?" He asked.

"No, I'm just kidding! Relax there's no way someone can reject you. Look at that pretty face." Lee said pointing at Kai's face and the latter groaned hiding his face.