Chapter Twenty

Kai had thought long and hard whether he should tell Nicolas about the conversation he had with Luciana. At the end he decided that he should and just as he was about to do so he received a text message.

Luciana: I suggest you don't tell Nicolas about our conversation and what you heard. It will only do him bad.

Kai: what kind of bad?

She never answered.

Kai couldn't stop thinking about it. He didn't tell Nicolas, too scared of the consequences. He trusted Nicolas and he knew that Nicolas would never meet this Angelica girl, especially without telling him about it. It's been days and Nicolas had never talked about his mother again.

They hung out at school like usual and had their occasional dates here and there when they had the time.

Time went by so fast and now it's been a month since Nicolas and Kai have been dating. Kai wanted to stay in this perfect little bubble they had built for themselves. He had never been more happier in his entire life.

But there was also his anxiety that occasionally threw all his worries at his face but since Nicolas was there he could calm himself. Ignore all his panic and instead focus on his boyfriend.

He won't ruin this. He won't.

Today was Christmas Eve.

He was in his kitchen making cinnamon rolls while dancing to the christmas music his mom played in the background. He was wearing a white sweater with a Santa design and his black sweats. He thought the sweater was adorable and he knew Nicolas would too.

Every Christmas Eve Nicolas would come over and they would spend it together. Unfortunately Nicolas had to go back the same night and spend Christmas morning with his mom. He would usually come back during the afternoon and sleep over that night.

It was their little Christmas tradition.

They would also give their gifts today and not the actual day. Kai was so exited to give Nicolas his gift and also see what Nicolas got him. Nicolas always had the best gifts ever!

"Kai!" He heard his mom scream over the music. "Nicolas is here!"

He smiled widely and cleaned his hands before rushing to the front door where his mom and Nicolas were standing. Kai's smile grew even more when he saw Nicolas wearing the red sweater with an elf that he bought him when they went shopping last week.

"I'm going back in the kitchen you boys can come in fifteen minutes to eat." Kai's mom said with a smile and left.

"Merry Christmas baby." Nicolas smiled at Kai bending down to kiss his forehead.

"It's not Christmas yet!" Kai exclaimed, leaning forward to hug him.

"Doesn't matter. To me it's today, when I'm with you." He replied and Kai blushed hiding his smile into Nicolas's chest.

"Come on let's go in your room so I can leave your gift there." Nic said pulling away and showing him the big gift bag he had.

Kai led him in his room where he left the gift before moving back downstairs. When they sat at the dining table it was just them and Kai's parents. Lee had surprised Bella with a trip to Paris to spend Christmas and New York so they couldn't be here this year.

Dinner was less eventful then the last time Nicolas had dinner here. Where Luciana had glared at him through it all.

It's what's good for him. It's what's normal.