Chapter Seventeen

After they rejoiced in their new found feelings Kai and Nicolas decided to go back downstairs. When they did Nicolas's mom was already there, wearing her jacket and ready to leave.

"Come on you guys have been up there for a while. We're going home." She said and didn't bother to wait for an answer as she turned around to walk away.

"Actually mom." Nicolas stopped his mother and Kai looked at him confusedly. "I'm staying over."

Kai smiled because he too, really wanted Nicolas to stay over but then his smile dropped when Luciana turned around with a glare.

"No. We're going home." She said and Nic frowned.

"Why can't I stay?" He asked and Kai tugged at his sleeve to tell him it was okay but Nicolas didn't pay mind to him.

"I'm home and I'll have to go on a business trip soon. Don't you want to spend time with me?" She asked just as Kai's parents walked in the hallway after hearing the conversation.

"It's not like you spend time with me whether you home or not." Nicolas muttered and her eyes widened.

"Nicolas! We're going home right now!" She said a bit louder.

"It's okay Nic. Go, I'll call you." Kai whispered, tugging his sleeve harder and Nicolas looked down at him, still frowning.

"But-"

"Nicolas." Kai's father cut him off and Nicolas turned to him. "You should go home, son. You can stay over another time."

Nicolas sighed and nodded at him and Luciana rolled her eyes, so he would listen to him and not her, his mother?

"I'm going to talk to Kai and I'll be down." Nic muttered and didn't bother for her response, grabbing Kai's hand and leading him back into his room.

"Nico-"

Before Kai could finish his sentence his back was met with the door and his lips were covered with another pair. He closed his eyes, wrapping his arms around Nicolas's neck and kissed back.

When Nicolas pulled back he gave a small but strained smiled before dropping his head in the crook of Kai's neck. Kai smiled and moved his hand to run through Nic's hair.

"You okay?" He asked softly and Nicolas grunted in his neck and shook his head, "don't wanna go."

Kai smiled widely, loving how clingy Nicolas was being since it was usually the other way around "It's okay Nicolas I'll see you soon. I'll call you before sleeping." Kai assured.

Nicolas pulled back and cupped Kai's cheeks, softly stroking them. "Will you go on a date with me? Sunday?"

Kai's eyes widened and his cheeks turned rosy but he smiled widely and nodded. "Yes."

"I will come pick you up at 5 okay?" Nic asked and Kai nodded already brimming with excitement.

His first date!

"I'm gonna go now." Nic murmured and Kai nodded, yet they kept their arms wrapped around each other.

"Okay go!" Kai laughed detaching himself from Nic, making him pout.

"Say it one last time and I'll go." Nicolas pleaded and Kai grinned.

"I like you." He whispered leaning up to whisper right against Nic's ear.

"I like you too baby. So much." Nic murmur pecking his lips again before hugging him one last time and then left.

-

It was Sunday and there was 30 minutes left until Nicolas would come and pick up Kai. Kai finished taking his shower and stood in front of his closet debating what to wear. He settled on a soft whitencashmere sweatshirt and he wore his black jeans that made his legs look amazing.