Chapter Twenty Nine

"Today I'm supposed to meet Angelica."

Kai's head shot up from where his phone as soon as he heard the words leave Nicolas's mouth They were in their hotel room just chilling after they came back from grabbing breakfast.

"What?" Kai asked, staring at Nicolas.

"My mom informed me that I have to meet her in two hours." Nicolas said moving closer to Kai so he could wrap his arms around him but Kai pushed him back with a scowl.

"And you decided to tell me this now?" Kai demanded and Nicolas had the decency to look a bit guilty.

"I did not want to ruin your mood." He said softly trying to reach his arms again only to be rejected again.

"Well you did! I told you, you can't be with her! You're only mine." Kai shouted and Nicolas grinned at his possessiveness but it only ticked Kai off more.

"Baby." Nicolas said, trying to control his urge to laugh. "I'm not trying to be with her. You didn't let me finish. We are going to meet her."

"We?" Kai uttered in confusion and Nicolas nodded, finally having the opportunity to wrap Kai in his arms.

"Mhmm we're going to go and we're going to tell her about us. If she backs out of the deal, there's nothing my mom can do about it." He explained.

"What if she doesn't want to back out?" Kai asked, tightening his hold on his boyfriend.

"I don't think that will happen." Nicolas assured and Kai pulled away and looked up at him skeptically.

"How could you know that?" He asked.

"Well...I might have heard some stories about her and I don't think she's the type to want to be with someone who's in a relationship. She has her morals and she has a lot of power." Nicolas said and Kai frowned.

"If she has power why'd she agree to this in the first place? And isn't she like 17?" He asked and Nicolas shook his head.

"She's 19 and the reason she agreed is because of her father, she has a lot of respect for him so she abided to his wishes when he asked her to meet with me at least once." Nicolas answered.

"Okay we can try." Kai agreed and Nicolas smiled, gently stroking his cheek.

"Even if this doesn't work, I'm only yours Kai. You're the only one I'll ever be with, okay? I love you and only you." Nicolas murmured, kissing Kai's temple.

"I love you." Kai mumbled, burying his face in Nicolas's neck.

-

Nicolas and Kai sat at a table in a small but quite fancy restaurant as they waited for Angelica to arrive. Kai nervously fiddled with his fingers but Nicolas grabbed his hands under the table to stop his movement.

"Don't be nervous, love." He said and Kai nodded, trying his best to relax.

The door of the restaurant opened and Kai looked up and his jaw dropped at the sight. To say Angelica was gorgeous would be an understatement. She was utterly stunning.

As soon as she walked in it was like she owned the room. She was wearing a black fitted tailored suit and her wavy brown hair was tied in a high ponytail. Her dark skin was glowing under the restaurant's dim lights and her honey eyes roamed the seated people until they landed on Nicolas who raised his hand to let her know it was him she was supposed to meet.