Chapter 5 - DON'T DOUBT YOURSELF

Amity - Normal + ""

Gloom - Bold + ""

Doubt - Italic, Bold + ""

Dye - Bold, Underlined + ""

Other characters (Mania and Conflict) won't be that important in the first part of the story so the way in which their dialogue appears will be different in the second part of the chapter. Also, I've decided that 'Virtue being hot' is going to be a running joke because why not?

(It's so good to finally give some spotlight to these characters :D)

[Doubt's POV]

Awwe... look at that. The dickhead wasn't lying.

Poor, unfortunate, worthless piece of crap.

Okay - let's get one thing straight, just because I'm his friend, doesn't mean I have to lie about him and pretend he's perfect like the hothead thinks he is.

Amity is a person too - he has feelings other than happiness. He makes bad choices and mistakes; he's not perfect and that's what makes him... well... nice.

He looks so... lifeless right now. I know he's alive; his chest is rising and falling but... that look. Jesus, he's starting to spook even me a bit. I'm looking at his face right now and it's a lot paler than it should be. I know he's a skeleton and all, but that kind of pale isn't fucking healthy. He looks like that white space we had to travel through sometimes... that was a long time ago... back when we didn't have a home. I jerk a bit at the memory and realise he doesn't quite glow like that white space did. It was a bit different now I think about it.

"Heh... the Guardian of Peace doesn't look very PEACEFUL right now - if you get what I mean..." It was a poor excuse of a joke... and so was his laugh.

It sounded hollow and his throat must feel terrible.

Not many people know about this, but there's a reason why I was the one that was chosen to come and patch him up.

I work in The Farm - which means I have medical knowledge. Yeah - 'The Farm'. It's a bit... out there to say the least. The Farm isn't a literal farm, with like pigs or wheat or whatever. It's what Gloom likes to call: 'A Negativity Powerhouse'.

Ew.

It's basically a big hospital. The only difference is that you can never leave.

Unless you die.

There's actually a cemetery right outside the 'hospital' ready for the 'dead' people.

Then again, they never really die.

I don't know what the fuck Dye does to them, but they don't fucking die. They're lifeless, sure and their heart monitors go off... but they sort of just look at you. Well not really; it's like they stare through you and watch your every move. It's like they want to get you or something; like you have something they want... no, they NEED.

They really creep me the fuck out to be honest - in fact... I HATE it.

Oh my god I hate myself so much.

I need to stop.

"You alright Doubt?"

Wait- he's worried about me? Why, when he's so-...

"Amity, it's my job to worry about YOU, not the other way round."

I quickly get to work; he blushes a bit when I take his shirt off. Oh god, that sounded a bit wrong. I decide to tease him a bit by winking at him and blowing a kiss.