Chapter 27

I wake up chained to the medical bed in the infirmary. I don't bother with the meager cuffs on my wrists and sigh in annoyance. This is starting to become an annoying routine. I remember everyone picking out hero names... and Bakugo chose a ridiculous one. I laughed, then I was put down, like some dog. Speaking of dog, Gou was looking up at me from my bedside. His tail was wagging excitedly seeing that I was awake. I roll my eyes but can't help but have a small smile form on my face. The heart-rate monitor beat steadily. I slip off the device attached to index finger to signal them that I was awake. I stretch out to find that I felt very tired again. It didn't feel like morning grogginess, but as if I'm vitamin deficient. My head also had a slight ache that was almost impossible to ignore. What on Earth did they stick me with? But, I am immune to poison. So it wasn't that. Before I could think more on the subject, Todoroki walked in. 

     "What did I do this time?" I asked sarcastically. I can see him appreciating the remark, but something more serious was on his mind. 

     "Well when you started laughing, blue smoke came out of your hands, even though you were wearing the collar. Please tell me that you didn't lie about the collar working." He huffed out. I give off a shocked expression. My-My quirk worked?

     "I- I didn't! I swear! I honestly thought I was being knocked out because I was laughing! Did they test the gas?! What were the components?" I asked hurriedly, trying to get a grasp on how dangerous the situation was. 

     "Yeah, it seems that it was a normal chemical in our body, you just put out so much, it had a color." He answered. He seems a little relieved now that he knows that I didn't do it on purpose. I also feel relieved, but, scared. I could get around my collar. This could make it dangerous for everyone. 

     "Can you send in All Might?" I asked, slightly shaking. He hesitates, but complies and leaves the room. All Might came in almost immediately after. He was in his full for when he entered, but quickly shrunk down. He looks at Gou, who acknowledges his presence respectfully. He pulls up a chair and places it next to the bed on the other side of Gou. He rests an arm on my arm on top of the sheets and gives it a reassuring squeeze. I can tell he wasn't going to talk first. "All Might, I could have hurt them. I-I could have killed them, without even realizing it." I look him in the eyes and tears start to collect on the edges of my own. He wears a shocked expression and quickly kicks back his seat as he hugs me. 

     "It's alright. You didn't mean to." He reassured me, while patting my back.

     "They don't know that, they probably hate me now." I cried out, sniffles breaking my flow of words. 

     "They know." All Might said squeezing me. It only causes me to cling to him more. 

     "I can't lose them. They are my family. Please." I admitted. All Might nods and expands into his muscular form. He constricts me a little tighter and the door bursts open. All of Class 1-A there. They rushed to my bedside and hug me with All Might. I quickly hide my face so they don't see me crying. They all started crying and I could feel my chest heave. They let go, but don't back away just yet. Todoroki was at the front of the group, while Bakugo and Tokoyami looked at me from a distance with respect. 

     "We didn't know what was happening! But once we realized they were knocking you out, we all tried to stop them. We know you would never try to hurt us. Or at least, not like that." Mina laughed at the end of her sentence. I smile and a couple others do too. Gou becomes jealous and hops onto the bed. The girls gasp. They all cheer and excitedly ask when I got a dog. They didn't rush to pet him though. I looked at Gou with a 'do-you-want-to-get-smothered-with-love-and-attention?' look and he cautiously looks back to the sea of children. He slowly moves forward and nuzzles Todoroki. He then turns to Mina and licks her hand. She giggles and pets him. Seeing that he was fine with it, the other girls started to join in as well. 

     "Kero, he's kinda like you Nightshade. Scary on the outside, but sweet on the inside." Tsuyu declared. I give her a soft death glare, which everyone laughs at. 

     "He, uh, was a stray that wouldn't stop following me after I killed a squirrel for him. Honestly, I tried to lose him, but he was stubborn. I gave up in the end. His name is Gou." I answered, changing the subject away from Tsu's comment. The girls protested that a squirrel was killed, but they doted on him nonetheless. I turned to All Might while they were still fixated on him. "I'm going to get lectured after this right? This is the short-lived peace before I get absolutely smoked by Aizawa." I whispered. He chuckled. 

     "No, I'm wired, so they know what happened. It's alright. We even gave the class a day off tomorrow. With some convincing, you can join the class tomorrow in their recreational activities." He said excitedly. I smile and hug him again. "Alright, Young Nightshade just woke up and needs some nutrients. I would like to inform you that we have cancelled school for your class tomorrow." The class went from disappointed that they would leave to pure happiness. "And," All Might interrupted before the question was asked, "Young Nightshade, with some restrictions, can accompany you wherever you all decide to go in your free time." The girls squealed. I know that the girls are more touchy-touchy about it, but the boys seemed relieved, even Bakugo. The class discussed before a packed day at the shopping district and nearby arcade was decided. They all agreed on meeting at the front of the school in the morning to pick me up and going to the mall all together. 

     "What exactly are her restrictions?" Yaoyorozu asked All Might. He clears his throat. 

     "We made a deal that she can go, with only two security guards, and still wearing the collar. And nothing too crowded." All Might reasoned. I knew that the goons would follow me and describe anything with more than 10 people 'too crowded'. I opened my mouth to just call the whole thing off due to my restrictions not letting them do what they want. But before I could do it, the girls started planning around it. I chuckle and let them have fun. 

     "Uh guys? I'm pretty tired so can you all decide on something over text and tell me tomorrow?" I asked, a little embarrassed that I'm practically kicking them out. The class was surprisingly easy going about it and left with promises of a fun day tomorrow. All Might also left. Todoroki stayed behind. "I don't know about tomorrow." I admitted to him after everyone was gone. 

     "I assumed you wouldn't, don't worry, I'll keep them from doing anything too big." He sighed. "I'm not a social person either, but we have to do this or else they are gonna annoy us to death about not coming." He laughed. I join in. We chat a little longer about it, then he clasps my hand in his. He raises it to his mouth slowly and plants a soft kiss against the back of my hand. I explode into millions of shades of red. He glances at me once before we say our goodbyes and he leaves. Once I'm sure that he is out of range, I squeal into my pillow. I did a small happy dance right as Recovery Girl walks in. I freeze and try to make it look like I was stretching. From the look on her face, she figured out the reason for my appearance. She smiles and chuckles, but thankfully doesn't comment on it. 

     "What are we going to do about your shortage of toxins?" She asked as she checks the various monitors. 

     "I can probably bring it up myself, but if you have anything that would be helpful." I said. She thinks for a while then hobbles over to a cabinet and takes out a container of medicine. 

     "This is a bottle of Xanax, 20mg tablets. Try to ration this out for as long as possible, but be responsible." She gives me a look cursing me to a fate worse than death if I disobeyed her. I nod and she removes my restraints. I get out of bed tiredly and take the bottle. I was still in my school uniform so I put it in a pocket of my jacket. The door opens to reveal only three guards. I note this, but I don't dwell on it. I am escorted back to the dorms and take a couple tablets before bed.

AN

So. I leave for a couple of months for 80k READS?!?!? WHAT? HOW DO YOU STILL LIKE THIS? As for why I was gone, I've been dealing with some mental health stuff but I really appreciate all the support! Y'all really trying to make me cry. I have seen a couple authors do it before, but would you guys be interested in who I am? Idk, kinda feel famous now. I love all of you guys. See ya in the next chapter!