Chapter 15

"Now let's talk." Todoroki said with a stern voice. I gulped and gave a slight nod to show my acknowledgement of his statement. "First, why did you escape from the hospital. You are still... injured." When he said the last word, he gave a guilty look to my scars. He probably feels responsible. I scrunched my eyebrows now recalling that he was the one who directly gave them to me. He froze me so I couldn't kill everything in there... Including him. 

     "I escaped from the hospital to get away from U.A. and the heroes. If you have forgotten, I am a villain. Menace to society and delinquent of all delinquents." I say with a hint of snark  in my tone. I paused to remember that he is the one in control of the situation and lean back with a huff. 

     "You are injured whether you are too stubborn to admit it or not. You need those treated or else... they'll scar." I could hear the sadness at the end. 

     "I know. They will join the others. I hope you're not just planning to talk about my health." I manage politely. 

     "I am concerned about your well-being. However, that is not the most pressing of topics I wish to discuss." He sighed and turned his head to see the waiter shakily place the bowls of food in front of us. The obviously shaken man gave a slight bow before running away. Todoroki chuckled. My eyes widened at the melodic sound. It was deep and hearty. A corner of my lips rose and it was slightly noticeable that I was smiling. I shook the expression away as soon as it came. Though, it didn't go unnoticed by Todoroki. "You have a pretty smile, (Y/N)." 

     "Don't call me by that. I don't use that name." 

     "What is so wrong with it?"

     "Personal reasons."

     "So the real problem here is your lack of trust in me." 

     "Why should I trust you?"

     "I saved your life."

     "I saved yours first."

     "Fine. Don't tell me. Let's talk about something else." I picked up my chopsticks and started to eat. I took a bite and visited an old memory.

---Flashback---

     "Father, why don't you call me (Y/N)? Tomura and Kurogiri do." I said, curiously. I was about 6 at the time and we were in the bar. Kurogiri was behind the counter and Tomura was watching the news. He was around 13. I was reading a book on pre-algebra in the back. The radio that he used to talk to us fizzed before coming to life.

     "My child, that name was given to you from your biological parents. I never gave it to you and we must come up with a name that suits you better." I was giddy at the idea of a new name. 

     "Yes please! It has to be cool like yours, father!" Tomura and Kurogiri turn to me and look annoyed at my immature nature. Over time, I start acting cold, but at this age I was still pretty innocent. 

     "It should relate to your quirk." Father said. I was pensive before I suddenly got an idea. I jumped off the couch and ran to a cabinet by the radio. I flung open the doors and ran my small finger against the hearty leather spines. I gasped and reached for an encyclopedia. This reference book was my favorite because it held all the poisonous flora on this earth. I tried to steady the large and heavy book in my small arms, but gave up and dropped it on the floor. I crouched down and flipped through the pages before I found my target. The picture was black and white, however the flower was still beautiful. It looked like a starfish and I read that it was a deep purple. 

     "This one. It's a pretty flower that's really lethal. It's called Nightshade." I said, rereading the familiar passage about the deadly flower.