Chapter 17

After getting the whole name thing cleared and the delicious cake finished, Aizawa stepped in. The army behind me went to work on fastening me to the seat. 

     "Good morning students, so I have an important announcement. U.A.'s Sports Festival is soon." He spoke, setting his papers down on the podium. 

     The class erupted into shouts of whether or not this was a good idea. 

     "It is necessary to show that U.A.'s safety protocols are sound... That's the current thinking. There will be 5 times the usual amount of security compared to previous years. Also, the sports festival is quite possibly the greatest opportunity you can ever receive. A villain attack can't cancel it." Erasure Head reasoned. Mineta shot up in surprise.

     "Are you sure about that!  It's just the sports festival..." He lost momentum near the end of his exclamation. Midoriya turned in his seat to face Mineta. 

     "Have you seen the sports festival?" He asked in disbelief that he may have not seen the event. 

     "Of course I have! Still..." Mineta said. 

     "Our sports festival is one of Japan's largest events. The olympics shook the whole before the appearance of quirks. Now, they are a shell of their former glory. For Japan, our sports festival replaced the event." Aizawa cut in. 

     "Won't the top heroes be watching? They will be there as scouts." Yaoyorozu added. 

     "Yeah! They will consider taking us in as sidekicks once we graduate." Kaminari put in. Jiro turned to him. 

     "Some sidekicks never manage to go pro and are forever sidekicks. That's your future, Kaminari." Jiro said with a wide grin and mischievous eyes. Kaminari clicked his tongue and pouted. Jiro laughed. 

     "You will gain popularity and experience from being scouted by big heroes. This time is invaluable for you. It is however limited and you are only given three chances. Make good use of them." Aizawa said dismissively. He walked out of the classroom and the bell sounded for lunch. The class exploded in shouts of excitement. I sat in my chair and stared at the desk. The class seemed to notice this and came closer. 

     "So, like, do you watch the sports festival!" Mina asked. 

     "Hmm. Yeah, on occasions I was forced to, mostly to scout their quirks and fighting techniques. My, uh, caretaker made me when I was younger." I said honestly. I never had that much of an interest in the event as I grew older. As I child, I loved to watch it. I would be entranced by the students and I envied their determination to become a hero. 

     "Oh, well, that's a good reason, I guess. Are you excited? At least you know the participants and you can even be screened for pro hero attention!" She said. I blinked. 

     "Am I participating? I'm pretty sure they aren't going to let me go to the event. Too many innocent people and whatnot." I spoke, letting reality sink in. Everyone pursed their lips and gave a slight nod. I realized I changed the overall mood and I tried to set it back. "Um. Well I'll watch at the dorms and I'll root for... you?" As I spoke, the class looked more and more sad at this. 

     "That will not do." Mina stated with a huff. 

     "Aww that's sad." Uraraka pouted. 

     "That's not manly at all!" Kirishima shouted with a tear in his eye. 

     "Tch." Bakugo frowned and crossed his arms. He was seated further away, but I could tell this subject interested him enough to participate in the discussion. 

     "Well, I escaped from the hospital so I don't think they want to let me out anytime soon." I said, trying to give reason behind the decision. The class deadpanned. 

     "I knew you escaped..." Hagakure started, her sleeves moving as if to show hand gestures for what she was saying. Of course no one could see her hands due to the fact that she is invisible. 

     "... But to escape from a hospital is quite the adventure." Tokoyami finished. I slumped my shoulders a bit and sighed. Of course I knew they were right and I huffed. 

     "Whatever, what they decide goes and I don't really care." I said. I gave all of them a dismissive look. 

AN

I have a couple things. Firstly, thank you so much for 2.6k! I actually love all of you! ❤️ Anyways, this was completely a filler chapter. I wanted to ask what you wanted to happen next, because I . honestly can't decide! Please leave a comment on which one you would prefer. 

1. Nightshade participates in the sports festival without her quirk. 

2. Nightshade watches the festival with the teachers and talks with the students in between events. 

3. Nightshade participates in the festival with her quirk, but with strictly sleepy-time toxins. (Midnight's gas)

So please say which one and see ya in the next chapter!