Chapter 18

I walked to the teacher's lounge. Well, more like I was dragged there. The army surrounded me and pushed me to my destination. I trudge along, not really caring. Not like I could do anything about it. Once we arrive, they unlock the bindings on my hands. I am seated at a table with pretty much all of the first year teachers, however All Might wasn't here. I shrugged and look at the bento box in front of me. It had the basics and not much else. My guards sit at the table behind me. I pick up my chopsticks and start to eat. The meat was chewy and tender, the rice was plump and moist, the soy was even and salty. A great meal, but the awkward atmosphere made it hard to eat. No one said a word and just silently eat. Half of the teachers just watch me and don't even eat. The worst part, is that I haven't had any toxins in such a long time. I sneeze occasionally, but I can feel a fever building. It's taking all my energy to hide my symptoms. I don't think the teachers are thinking much of it, those who care anyway. I just want to lay down and rest at this point. 

     "(Y/N), are you alright? You look pale." Midnight said. I choke on my rice. I quickly finish my bite and give her a death glare. 

     "Two things. One, never call me that again. That's not my name, it never has been. Two, I'm fine. Not like any of you care." I said. Midnight looked stunned for a moment before pursing her lips. Vlad King murders me with his eyes. I can feel goosebumps wherever he directs his attention. I eat a couple more bites. I drop my chopsticks completely fed up with his staring. 

     "If you keep looking at me like that I will-" I wasn't able to complete my threat before I start hacking violently. My body folds in on itself as my lungs and throat burn. I grab a paper napkin and cough into that. Some of the teachers stood worriedly. I shakily put up a hand. After a couple more hacks, I can breathe again. I pant and pull away the napkin. I scrunch my nose up at seeing blood residue. I fold up the napkin so they don't see, but the blood quickly soaked through the thin fabric. Ectoplasm saw it. 

     "Is that blood?" Ectoplasm asks shocked. 

     "It's red food dye." I say sarcastically. I look at the teachers and they gasp at my face. 

     "We need Recovery Girl here, now!" Cementoss shouts. 

     "No! I'm fine. Don't get her over here or have a hissy fit over me. Just forget it." I said. I feel dizzy and I reach for my water. I try to grab it, but I just end up knocking it over. I sigh and lean back in my seat. I cross my arms and close my eyes. But that just made me more tired. I struggle to stay awake. My senses were so out of whack, I didn't see Aizawa slip by to go get Recovery Girl. I continue to war with myself. I decide to keep my eyes open and I lazily look at them all. None of them are eating, they are all watching me. I try to place what emotions they are feeling, but I can't. All Might walks out of a nearby office with Midoriya behind him. His eyes go wide and Midoriya squeaks. 

     "N-Nightsh-shade! What happened! You don't look so good." Midoriya exclaims. I sigh, too tired to retort. 

     "Young Nightshade! Are you alright?" All Might asks, his smile barely holding up. 

     "I... I'm fine. Don't think about me and... and just keep on hero-ing." I manage to get out. I start to sag. In a last attempt I take my hand to my shoulder and dig my nails in. My eyes shut in pain and I release my hold. I pull my uniform sleeve over the marks and breathe. I had completely forgot about the audience I had. Midoriya runs to my side and puts his hands on my shoulders and starts shaking me. 

     "Nightshade! Don't close your eyes! Where's Recovery Girl?" He yells. I clumsily try to remove his hands. Which was me just slapping my arms. 

     "Just stop. I... don't your help! I can keep going. I'm not... I'm not weak. Don't do anything. This isn't anything... just ask dad..." I lose all control on my body and I start slipping under. I can barely register All Might picking me up. "No..." I whisper. Recovery Girl bursts into the room and quickly hobbles over to me. Her hand touches my forehead and she pulls away, nursing her apparently burnt hand. She kisses my forehead and I feel a little better. But, I can tell it's not enough. Her kiss drained the last of my energy and I black out. 

~Time Skip~

     I wake up in Recovery Girl's office with all the teachers in the room. Nezu sits on the foot of my bed without a cup of tea. I start to breathe heavily. My right hand has handcuffed to the bed rails, but my left was free. I raise it up and slam it down on the left side railing, effectively breaking it. My body shakes. 'It wasn't long enough. Father will be mad. He'll make me go longer. I'm so weak.' I shut my eyes tightly, but no tears flow. I can feel the pros' worried gazes on me. I bit my lip harshly and soon the copper tasting substance flows onto my tongue. 

     "Why are you here? Just want to watch me grovel? Congratulations, here I am." I say coldly. I only lasted a week, really? Whatever, if I have to go through that once a week then I might as well just live in Recovery Girl's office. Speaking of which, did she heal me? I didn't think her quirk can work on me. "Wait, how am I healed? I didn't think Recovery Girl's quirk could work on me."

     "Well, it worked. But, minimally. Midnight filtered some of her gas into your mouth. We are not sure how much you have in your system at the moment. What is more pressing is that you never told us of these drastic of side effects. We would have thought of a different plan." Nezu says calmly. 

     "My well being doesn't matter to me. I didn't think I was so weak as to only go this long without anything." I admit. 

     "Young Nightshade, we do not consider you as weak. We think you are very strong, but you are still just a child. Yes, a child who has seen a great deal more than most adults, but a child nonetheless. You must know your limits and work on pushing them at a steady pace." All Might says. He walked over to my bedside and put a hand on my shoulder. I half-heartedly shrug it off. 

     "Well, I guess you will go have your little meeting to discuss me yet again." I say looking down. I hate this much attention. Their gazes just crawl over my skin endlessly. 

     "We will. Is there anything you may want to ask us?" Nezu asks as a dismissing question. I rack my brain and I gasp. 

     "Yes. What will I do during the sports festival?" I ask. I look him in the eyes and gulp. Nezu places his hand on his chin in thought. 

     "What do you want to do?" Nezu looks at me. I blink and look at my hands. What do I want? When is the last time I heard that? 

     "I-I think... that I want to participate with the others. But, I don't want the world to see my destructive quirk and think ill of me, well, without knowing what I have done. Haha. Uh, yeah, I want to be a part of the festival as a contestant." I came to the conclusion as I was talking. Though, thinking about it now, it was a silly idea. 

     "Remember how we let you fight the students without your quirk? I think you will do plenty well without it in this situation." Nezu looks at the other teacher and read their mixed emotions towards the idea. "We will discuss it, but that is where I currently stand." Nezu says. I nod and my drowsiness catches up with me. For the first time in quite a while, I fall asleep with a tiny smile on my face. 

AN

OH-. I ACTUALLY LOVE ALL OF YOU. THANK YOU FOR READING. I'm really sorry about not updating and I promise I will try to update sooner. You all mean so much to me and I'm so excited to write about the sports festival lol. I'm writing another book that hasn't been published and surprise it's not a fanfic, it's taking a lot of my time. I will still continue to update this and.... SEE YA IN THE NEXT CHAPTER!