III.

Timeline: April 10

School

Nala

"So what are you gonna wear for the spring fling?" Kalani asked driving

"I don't know." I shrugged popping a fry in my mouth  "I'd rather not go to be honest with you."

She slammed on her breaks making me jolt forward in the passenger seat.

"Girl you almost made me drop my fries!" I yelled

"What do you mean you don't want to go?" She asked

"It's the same day as our track meet, I already know I won't be up to it."

"Bitch that's all the more reason for you to go. So you can celebrate another win."

I was 3-0. Skai hasn't beaten me once so far this season. I've only been running any time between 43-44secs. I want to run a 41 or less before state though. That would really impress the recruiter from LSU.

"I don't know Kalani, and don't go planning shit with Sebastian because I don't want a date."

"I wouldn't wanna date either if I was fucking with Carter's fine ass." She stuck her tongue out

"Girl ain't nobody fucking with his ass." I laughed

"It's only a matter of time before ya'll do."

"That's our coach bro. I would never cross that line."

Even though I have a fantasy of Carter dicking me down, I doubt it would actually happen. He doesn't even see me that way. At least I don't think he does.

"Whatever you say, Nala." She shrugged as she parked her car in the student parking lot "Just let me know by Thursday if you going okay?"

I nodded and we got out the car and started heading into the building. Although our school dances are pretty lit, I barely had an interest in going. Sebastian has even asked me multiple times if I was going and I already told him no.

Track Practice

"Nala." Carter called me

I look in his direction and he signals me to come here with his finger. I leave one of the girls I was helping with blocks and walk over to him.

"Yeah?"

"You're running the 200m this Saturday."

"What?"

"You heard me. Bailey's running that event this Saturday as well."

"You do realize the 200m and the 300m hurdles are only separated by one event right?"

"You'll have enough time to recover." He shrugged

"The last time I've ever ran the 200m was freshman year. You are literally setting me up for failure!"