IV.

Timeline: April 15

The following Monday

Nala

I walked into the training room for practice feeling nervous

I walked into the training room for practice feeling nervous. I haven't spoken to Chris since we kissed and evidently, I don't even know what to say when I see him. What if he thinks what happen was a mistake.

Flashback

"You don't know how long I've been wanting to do that." He said resting his forehead on mine

"I guess we've been wanting the same thing."

*phone buzzes*

iMessage from Lani🤞🏾💕

I know your ass didn't ditch me

"Kalani's looking for me, I gotta go."

He grabbed my face and brought it close to his. He tilted my head to the side and swirled his cold tongue around in circles on my spot. I would probably collapse if I wasn't in his embrace. He planted a soft kiss where his tongue just was and pulled away.

"Now you can go." He smirked

Flashback over

We shouldn't have did what we did but now everything was making sense. Why he was always staring at me, why he would catch attitudes, why he stepped to Sebastian. He wanted me, and as much as I didn't want to admit it I wanted him too.

"Alright team settle down." Chris said entering the room

I didn't want to make eye contact with him so I resorted to playing with the laces of my shoes. I literally could not get this man out of my mind since Saturday, and seeing him had me feeling all hot and bothered.

"I know your spring break starts on Wednesday so there is no meet this week." He said while looking over his clipboard "However, there is still practice, and those of you who choose not to come will be sitting out at next week's meet."

Some people groaned but I honestly was looking forward to spring break practices. With no meet, it put less pressure on me to out perform and gave my body a chance to rest.

"Today we're going to do some conditioning." He continued to say "I've written your workout on the board in the weight room, let's get to work!"

With that everybody got up to head into the weight room which was next door. In an effort to avoid him, I walked on the right side of Kalani which was farthest from him.

"Nala." He called my name "A word."

I sighed and turned back around to go into his office. He locked the door behind him and I sat on the edge of his desk. He walked towards me and rested both of his hands on my thighs. His touch gave me goosebumps.