XIX.

Timeline: Morning After

Nala

I wake up smelling breakfast. Opening my eyes slightly I see a shirtless Chris standing in front of me with a tray in his hand.

"Good Morning baby." He smiled leaning over to kiss my forehead

"Good morning." I smiled back sitting up

I take the tray from him and remove the cover. The food look so good.

"Thank you." I said as I ate a strip of bacon

"You sleep okay?"

"I slept perfect. You?"

"I always sleep good when you're beside me."

I blush and return my attention back down to my food. As Chris watched me eat I realized I still haven't told him about Sebastian or the video. Finishing my food, I set the tray to the side.

"You want me to run a bath for you?" He asked getting up

"Wait Chris sit down, I gotta tell you something."

"What is it?" He asked worriedly

"So before we came here I found out who had Skai's phone."

"Who?"

"Sebastian." 

After saying his name I automatically felt the tension in the air. Chris hated him probably even more now that he knows he had the video this whole time.

"So I was able to get the phone from him without him noticing but I had to make him a bullshit promise in the process."

"And that was?"

"That we'd be together when I came back."

"Where's the video now?"

"I got rid of it. Deleted it off her phone. I even reset the phone to factory settings before watching it get smashed on the highway."

"So when we get back you really gonna be with dude?"

"No Chris I just told him that so he wouldn't expose us. I'll most likely will have to go to prom with him though but after that it's done. I just have to cover all my bases and make sure he didn't make any copies."

"Guess you gotta do what you gotta do huh?" He said nonchalantly.

I wasn't expecting Chris to be ecstatic over the situation at hand but I was expecting him to at least be a little more understanding. Last night was so amazing but now I feel like I ruined it all by trying to be honest and let him know what's going on. I didn't like keeping secrets form people. I rather just air everything out whether it was good or bad.

"I think I should go." I sighed getting up

"Nala don't leave please." He grabbed my hand "You know I don't like to share, so hearing that you gotta go back and fuck with this nigga even if it is pretend ain't a easy pill to swallow. But if that's what you gotta do for us to ultimately be together in peace then I'll stand by you."

"Thank you, and I'm sorry about all this again. I feel like I brought so much drama into your life."

"You've made me happier than I've ever been before. You're worth it baby." He smiled pulling me onto his lap "Since we putting everything on the table I gotta tell you what happen with Skai last night."

Him mentioning her name reminded me of my run in with her outside the bathroom. I almost forgot about it till now. 

"Go on." I crossed my arms