XXVII.

Nala

"All that wolfin' on the net nigga I thought you was a thug!" Kalani and I rapped "Aye. Aye."

I hyped her up as she did her little dance laughing at the end. Prom was fun so far nonetheless. After-Prom was at Dave & Busters and then Darius booked a suite at this nice ass hotel in the city. Somehow I needed to manage to sneak away during after-prom so I could talk to Chris. I was trying to mouth to him earlier that we should talk but Sebastian came around.

I needed an explanation. I couldn't decide to cut him off or work shit out without a proper one. Looking around I see Chris standing over by the drinks.

"I'm gonna go get something to drink" I said to Sebastian

"I got you baby." He said

"No, no it's okay." I said "I'll be back."

He shrugged nodding and pecked my forehead before I walked off. Chris was talking to the Dean but once he saw me he pointed somewhere and she walked off in that direction.

"Hey." I said grabbing a cup

I had to make it look like we weren't even talking. So I didn't bother to look up at him as I spoke.

"You're speaking to me." He said

"Yes, and I want to give you a chance to explain. Not here though, and not now." I said taking a sip of the punch

"When then?" He asked

"Sometime after prom. I'll text you." I said starting to walk off 

"Nala wait." He said above a whisper

I stop in my tracks but don't turn around.

"You look absolutely gorgeous tonight. Time moved in slow motion when I saw you."

I blushed a little. One thing about Chris is he always had a way with his words. His tongue was too slick for his own good.

"Keep your phone on you." I said

I return back to Kalani who was now sitting down on Darius's lap on a window ledge. Sebastian was nearby but some girl was all up in his face. 

"How was the punch? Kalani asked referring to Chris

"Punch was good think I'll have some again later." I said

She smiled nodding as Darius looked between the two of us. Sebastian returned wrapping his arms around me from behind and I quickly got out of his grasp. 

"What's wrong baby?"

"Nothing, ain't your prom date over there?" I said pointing to the girl he was just with

I really didn't give a fuck whether Sebastian was flirting with the girl or not. He was still my prom date and he wasn't about to be out here making me look stupid.

"Don't be like that, you know I only got eyes for you."

"Yeah, whatever nigga."

"Dance with me." Sebastian said holding his hand out

"Seba-.."

"Baby come on. You haven't danced with me all night."

"Fine." I said 

We walked to the dance floor and I placed my arms on his shoulders as he wrapped his around his waist pulling me closer to him.

"You look so beautiful tonight." He said in my ear

I said nothing and just kept swaying to the music. I was honestly nervous to hear what Chris had to say. What if it wasn't what I wanted to hear. Well what is it that I wanted to hear exactly. Sighing I rest my head on Sebastian's shoulder. 

"So are you ready?" Sebastian asked 

"Ready for what?"

"Wait you weren't listening to me this entire time?"

"No, sorry I was thinking." I said "What'd you say?"

"I was saying, that since we've been together officially we haven't really done anything, and I was wondering if tonight you'd be ready."

Well at least he asked.

"I guess we'll see what the night brings." I smiled

He bit his lip excitedly before kissing me on the neck.

After Prom

The suite Darius booked was dope. It had 2 bedrooms on either side while a kitchenette and living room area stood in the middle. I stood in what was Sebastian and I's room and looked out the window down at the traffic. We were on the top floor so you could see the whole city form here.

Paying attention to the area as we drove here, I noticed we actually weren't too far from Chris's house. I could easily take a Lyft to his house. Or convince Sebastian to let me take the Rolls.

Text Message to Chris

Don't go to after prom, I will meet you at your place.

See you there then.

"Hey baby." Sebastian said walking through the door

"Hey." I said dryly

"What's wrong?"

"My mom called, I have to go home." I lied

"Why what's wrong?" He asked coming closer to me

"Look I don't wanna talk about it. I have to go." I said grabbing my bag

"At least take the car." He said causing me to smile "We'll just take a Uber or something."

"Thank you baby." I said pecking his cheek "Don't have too much fun without me."

"I won't, text me when you're home."

I won't.

"I will." I said before closing our room door behind me

"Where you going?" Kalani asked 

"To meet up with Chris." I whispered " I told Sebastian that my mom wanted me home though."

"You and these lies." Kalani laughed 

"Girl shut up." I laughed "If he asks-..."

"I know what to say."

"That's my girl." I smiled linking our pinkies

"Just be careful okay?" She said hugging me "I know you love him but don't let love make you dumb."

I nodded my head and hugged her back. Grabbing my bag and making sure I had the keys, I leave out the hotel room and down to the parking garage. Once I get in the car I text Chris letting him know I am on the way.