Golden heart of the ocean

*~Play "The Woods Between Us" by "Matt Tondut, v e n n" Kageyama's point of view (POV)*~

I sat in class not paying attention to a thing the teacher was saying, but instead, looking outside of the window, my head on my hands in a resting position "it's been a while since I've been able to enjoy volleyball practice this much, it reminded me of the love I had for volleyball and why I started playing it in the first place..." I thought to myself as I doodled different volleyball positions in my notebook..

*RING RING RING*

My thoughts were interrupted by the bell ringing to inform us that school was finally over! I quickly packed my bag and waited outside of Hinata's classroom for him to come out. I searched for him around his classroom for a few seconds before my eyes finally landed on his beautiful shiny smile and big brown eyes. "Hinata! Let's go" I said in an irritated tone: trying to sound as cool as possible but also trying not to sound angry. "Bakayama, I'm coming give me a second!" He yelled at me from the back of the class as he said goodbye to his friends and came over to me and we started walking down the stairs to the school gate.

Things were still a little awkward between us, especially after what happened today morning. Not knowing how to break the silence, I just kept walking beside him, hoping he'd do it for me, and soon "Hey, umm.. Wanna come over to my house right now? I'll introduce you to my little sister, you haven't met her yet, right? She'll really like you!" He suggested. I let out a short sigh and replied "Fine, how can I decline such offer when you're this cute" I quickly realized what I had said and looked over at him, only to see him blushing like a tomato, he wasn't the only one. We both looked away from each other in embarrassment for a few seconds, "You're so red Kageyama, you've got to see yourself!" He said as he laughed at me and pushed me softly in the shoulder, I expected myself to flinch from his touch or something, but I didn't although I have always been sensitive to other people's touch: I hated it when people touched me, even though I knew they didn't mean any harm, I still hate it... It would remind me of my father... But, Hinata's touch was different... It was welcoming and soft, sensitive and comforting.

Unlike everyone else, I didn't mind his touch...

Before I could do anything else, we reached his house. He knocked on the front door and we were quickly greeted by a ball of sunshine smaller than Hinata: her eyes were orange and full of life. "I can swear I saw sparkles in her eye for a second-" my thoughts were interrupted by her screaming at Hinata "BIG BROTHER!! How was school today? Who's this beside you? How are you? How is he so tall?" She jumped up and down while looking at us "Too many questions! We just arrived back home, give us a break, Natsu!" Hinata said as he laughed and picked her up like a superhero and spun her around, allowing me to walk in. "Sorry for the intrusion, ma'am." I said as I took off my shoes and bowed down to his mom who was cooking lunch in their large kitchen, "don't worry about it, you and Hinata go have fun!" She replied as she smiled and went back to her cooking. Hinata's house was pretty nice, it had a big painting on the wall with his whole family in it, it made me a little jealous but, "I am glad he's happy" I thought to myself. His house is also pretty large, and it has a lot of windows everywhere! Which explains why the house was so bright when I first walked in. As I studied his house carefully, he took my hand and we went upstairs to his room "That's Natsu's room, and this is my room! We're right next to each other." He pointed at the white door to my left, it had a "Welcome!" Sign on it with bad drawings of bunnies all around it, I'm guessing his sister drew it. Finally, we walked into his room and sat on his bed "Your room is pretty big, boke" I said "R-really?! I'll take that as a compliment I guess!" He smiled at me and then reached for under his bed to take out something.
It was a... Radio? I stared at him with a confused expression on my face, "Okay okay, I know~ it looks lame and old but it's pretty cool! It used to belong to my dad, he gave it to me on my 14th birthday. Wanna play some music?" He said as he jumped up and down in excitement, before I could say anything he turned it on and it started playing

*~Play "I Don't Know You" by "The Mariás" (If the song you were listening to before still hasn't finished, skip to the next song)*~

He jumped right back on the bed next to me, we just layed down and talked: mostly about Volleyball, he wouldn't stop talking about that Little Giant, and how incredible he was, I didn't mind though I enjoyed hearing him speak. We kept talking for what felt like hours, it was nice to know there was someone I could let down my guard with. As I listened to him speak, he suddenly asked me "Have you ever been to the ocean?" I was a little surprised to why he'd ask me that all of a sudden, "Not really, it's like an hour away from here and nobody really took me so" I replied, his expression immediately changed as he said "I see, let's visit the ocean together one day!" I let out a small giggle, he had that encouraging aura around him that made me believe I could do anything.. "Tell me about the ocean" I replied, his eyes lit up as he started telling me about then ocean and random silly stories. His stories were funny and all but, I couldn't help but stare into his breath-taking eyes, I as if I was experiencing all his stories in his eyes.

..."And I told her that she can't have a boyfriend, she's only 9! As if I'll even allow her-" A ringing sound interrupted our conversation, it came from Hinata's phone that was on the table next to his bed. "Hmm, what is it?" I asked "Kuroo sent a cat meme in a group-chat me and a few more people are in, don't worry about it!" He replied in a tired voice, "As if he was sleeping! He was renting to me none-stop!" I thought to myself, "I see, can you check the time?" I requested "Sure, it's 8:53 PM" Hinata said, his voice sounded a little nervous, but also serious "Did I say something wrong?" I thought to myself, but before I could do anything else Hinata said:

"Go back to your house, Kageyama"

———————————————————

Author's Note:

Another cliff hanger, I know 💅 but don't be quick to judge, I'll be uploading the next chapter tomorrow so don't worry. I hope you guys liked this chapter, I didn't really know what to do in this chapter so 💀💀 but I still hope you guys enjoyed it lol. We're getting closer and closer to the ending 💃💃 I'm really excited to share with y'all the ending I came up with and I hope you'll like it (It'll probably be out in like 3-4 chapters? I have literally no idea) anyways, have a great day ❤