Chapter 21

Micah POV
------------------------
2 months, 1 week, 4 days, 11 hours, 9 minutes, that's how long its been since Macy's wedding. I take a deep breath and look in the mirror; school starts back in less than a month. I'm almost positive that I'll scare the shit out of my students if I even dare go in looking like I do right now.

I hear Emily stirring in the bed and walk in.

"Morning."

She smiles, "good morning. You want me to make you some breakfast? I don't go in for work until 12."

I shake my head, "no. Im fine. Thanks for asking."

She nods her head and stands up, putting on her clothes, "no problem. Do you need anything? If not I'm gonna head on to work then..."

Again, I shake my head, and she nods.

"Alright. I guess I'll see you later then?"

This time I nod and she kisses me on the cheek before walking out the door, "lock the door before you go."

I could honestly see myself falling for Emily, if Lex didn't exist; Emily is beautiful. She has shoulder length brown hair a few shades lighter than Lex, hazel eyes and an extremely caring personality. She wants more, she has even apologized for ditching me for the football she ended uo with after the party in high school. She honestly is a great girl and I hate that I'm basically leading her on, but what else can I do?

I sit on the edge of the bed and put my head betweens my hands, if only Lex would just come back. My phome buzzes across the room.

An unknown number and with that, I just press decline. I'm not worried about any telemarketer or my car's warranty. Ive had the same car since I was 17, I doubt the warranty is still good on it.

Then my phone buzzes again. Its Macy.

Macy: Can you please come to my house? My Jake is out of town to record his new album for the next few days and my washing machine is not working?

Me: Yes. I will be right over, give me a few minutes.

Macy: Thank you, thank you, thank you. Pick up alcohol on your way here please?

Me: sure. Don't flood your house while you are waiting for me to get there.

She texts back no promises and I leave my house.

There's no line at the Liquor store so I walk in. Pick up a 6 pack for myself and a bottle of wine for Macy. This is the 3rd bottle of wine that I have bought her in the month and a half. Either she needs to just go on the road with Jake or start paying me back because I buy her more alcohol than I do myself.

When I get there, I see she's practically drunk already, but I still hand her the bottle, she is an adult and if she wants to drink away her problems, who am I to stop her from doing that?

"Macy. You're already drunk." I laugh as she fumbles to open the wine.

"I am not drunk. Im just slightly, maybe a little tipsy. Anyway. What have you doing here lately? I noticed Emily wasn't at her house last night when I drove by."

Emily lives 3 houses down from Macy and Jake. I live on the other side of town in a one story blue house that I will honestly admit I only bought because it's a bungalow with a columned porch and I remember how much Lex wanteda house like that when we were together.

"She stayed over. What's wrong with your washing machine?"

She laughs, finally getting the bottle of wine open and then laughs again, "I just wanted you to bring alcohol. And I realized that my drunken self does not realize that you have to push the button, so I was just confused. You wanna watch a movie or something."