Chapter 8

If youve never seen a guy sit in a beauty shop, youve never lived, its hilarious.

I decided I wanted my hair purple after the make out session in the classroom, and Micah jumped at the thought of a "first date." Even after I explained to him that our ice cream and make out session in my driveway could count as our first date. He insisted that it wasn't a real date and made me allow him to go.

So here we are, him waiting for my hair to be dyed, so he can take me to dinner.

The stylist, his aunt, keeps asking him all kinds of question about school and sports and just normal stuff until she looks at him and says.

"How'd you land this hottie if you never talk? I'd have killed for somebody that looked like her in high school."

Micah just shrugs and looks down blushing, "I... I.. Ummm..."

I smile at him and she laughs, "well. Whatever it was, it must've worked."

I just laugh and she continues on my hair.
------------------------
After my hair is done, he takes me to a little diner.

"It isn't much. But this one of my favorite places."

I nod and follow him in, "theyve got the best cherry coke you'll ever drink..."

We get cherry cokes, hamburgers abd then an ice cream sundae.

After eating and chatting for a little bit we get back into the car.

"That was a great date, Micah. We'll have to come here more often. Those fries were to die for. And the cherry cokes. Even the sundae tasted like they out something in it."

"Suzie hand makes the ice cream from scratch. And she gets the cherries of her own tree, and then cans them. She's an awesome lady. Everyone around he loves SJ's Diner."

"I can see why..."

A few minutes later, he parks outside of the house.

"Thank you. Again. That was a great first date."

He smiles, "you really me that?"

I lean in to him; he grabs my face and kisses me, " I wouldn't say it, if wasn't true. That was the best good and the best company I have had since I moved down here. I'll see you tomorrow."

He nods and I kiss him once more before walking up the driveway.

The second I walk in the door, Bree looks up at me and stops the tv. Of course she heard about the lunch incident.

"Come sit down. We need to talk. Hair is cute by the way."

I mumble a thank you as I sit across from her and Matt.

They exchange a look and Bree speaks, "We know we aren't your parents. But we just thought, we want you to be safe."

She hands me a box of condoms and I stand up, "I'm not having sex..."

She stands and Matt just runs his hand through his hair.

"Alexis. I wasn't born yesterday. Youre a 17 year old girl who from what I hear, has a boyfriend, and I dont want you to end up making any decisions that are going to affect your future. So take the condoms, and I made you an appointment with my OB to get put on birth control. Better safe than sorry."

I huff and take the condoms, stomping my way into my room.

I cant believe they'd do that; well, its actually kind of sweet, but still.

Almost as if she heard me, Bree comes into my room, "Lex?"

I look up and she smiles at me, "I'm sorry for embarrassing you. I just worry about you. And I know you're old enough to make your own decisions, but I feel like it's my responsibility to make sure that youre pushed into the right one. I cant tell you how scary it is to be 17 and get a missed period. Hell, my period was late last month and I cried for about 6 hours. I'm a married 25 year old woman, with a steady job, a reliable income and a house. It still terrified me that I might be pregnant. So i just want you to be safe."

I nod and hug her, "thanks. I'll be safe, I promise. And its not like im gonna be going to be using anything that isn't my mouth for the next little bit, i mean, its Micah."

She laughs, "he is pretty innocent. I actually didnt believe what I heard about the cafeteria. Until I saw you kiss him before getting out of the car."

I laugh, "sorry you had to find out that way. And he's definitely innocent. He blushes like an idiot when I even touch him."

She smiles, "I can see it. How'd you two end up together anyway?"

I shrug, "it just kind of happened. I thought he was adorable, cause I mean, c'mon. He's six foot tall with big brown eyes, has that sexy, messed up hair and looks like he could be on the cover of Jocks weekly, but he's the complete opposite of that on personality. He's so shy, and sweet and caring, but he's slowly coming out of his shell for me and its adorable. Like he's just so... Ugh..."

She laughs, "I understand. Matthew was the opposite. He was charming and outgoing, but he's super ruggedly handsome. So when he came up to me at a Halloween party dressed as a firefighter, you can imagine the arrogance that came out of his mouth. I feel for it instantly though."

"Weren't you dressed as a Dalmatian?"

She nods, "yep. My best friend at the time and I were sexy Dalmatians. And her boyfriend and his friend, who was Matt, of course, were firefighters. Funny thing is Trisha and Danny broke up 3 days after that, but Matt and I were on our 4th day not leaving each others sides, except for class of course."

"You guys are great together. Thanks for the condoms. I'm gonna sleep."

She laughs and gets up, "see you in the morning."

"Shut the door behind you, please."