Kidnapped

Playlist ~ Tyler Shamy – Angels

Anna's gasp was stifled by her trembling hands, which instinctively covered her mouth. A chilling breeze brushed against her skin beneath the shirt she still wore, a shirt that belonged to Drake. Despite her wobbly legs, she managed to stagger closer to Drake's lifeless form. Kneeling beside him, tears streamed down her cheeks as she bore witness to his condition. Drake existed in a state suspended between life and death, and Anna watched through tear-blurred eyes as he expelled blood in violent convulsions.

"Drake," her voice barely more than a whisper, quivering with emotion.

Though Drake longed to respond, his weakened state robbed him of the ability to speak. The culmination of the relentless onslaught he had endured left him devoid of strength. Anna's trembling hands reached out, gently caressing his face.

"Drake, please don't slip away from me. I can't bear it if you leave. Hold on, for me. I'll call for help, and you'll be safe. Please, don't let go," Anna's voice broke as she pleaded, her words a chorus of sobs.

With each effort to speak, more blood welled up in his mouth, words forming like fragile bubbles that burst before reaching his lips. Despite the diminishing light in his eyes, he attempted to raise his hand, a feeble attempt to touch Anna's face one final time. His left hand only managed to ascend halfway before his eyelids fluttered closed, his hand falling limply to his side.

"Drake?" Anna's voice was a desperate whisper-yell, punctuated by a light tap on his cheek. Her brow furrowed in worry, and anxiety etched lines on her forehead. "Drake, can you hear me?" The silence that answered was deafening, an abyss of soundlessness.

"Drake! Drake! Please, don't let this happen. Wake up, Drake!" Her cries reverberated through the room as she clung to his lifeless form. She continued to wail, shaking his body as if hoping her touch could coax life back. But Drake remained unresponsive, impervious to her anguished entreaties.

Unbeknownst to Anna, the serial killer emerged from his concealment. He seized Anna's hair from behind, and she let out a strangled cry, releasing her grip on Drake's body to clutch at her hair. In the chaotic struggle, her hand collided with the killer's, and she gripped onto it in a desperate bid for survival.

"Let me go!" She yells whimpering.

He ignores her and drags her away from Drake's body.

"Somebody help! Drake!" Anna screams wishing she could be heard by anyone else besides her boyfriend.

With a menacing growl, the cruel man struck Anna's face with brutal force, causing her to instantly lose consciousness. He seized her shirt, yanking her across the floor toward the back door of the kitchen. Pausing briefly, he scanned the kitchen for any traces of his presence. Finding none, he turned the doorknob and swung the door open wide.

Satisfied that he was unseen, he gently lifted Anna's limp form and hoisted her onto his shoulders. An experienced practitioner of his sinister craft, he took care to avoid leaving any telltale signs behind, ensuring that his path remained untraceable. He navigated through the underbrush, emerging onto a desolate road just a five-minute walk from Anna's apartment.

His sleek black DB11 car was conveniently parked by the roadside. Though one might wonder how he discovered this secluded entrance, his expertise as a serial killer of over five years was evident. Stealthily approaching his vehicle, he retrieved his car key from his pocket and pressed a button, unlocking the doors. Opening the rear door, he deposited Anna's unconscious body onto the backseat.

After securely shutting the door, he retrieved a small box from the trunk. With the box in hand, he returned to the backseat and placed it within easy reach. From the box, he extracted a length of white tape and carefully unspooled enough to bind Anna's mouth. After silencing her, he proceeded to restrain her hands with handcuffs. Satisfying his sinister inclinations, he proceeded to secure her legs with a tightly wound rope, eliminating any possibility of escape.