Meeting Drake's Friends

The playlist above ~ Alan Walker - Spectre

The next day, Anna's alarm went off at 6:30 am, jolting her awake. Sitting up in bed, she raised her fist triumphantly and let out an exuberant "Woohoo!" Her face lit up with a wide grin as if she had just won a billion-dollar lottery. However, the real reason for her excitement was even more meaningful to her – the chance to attend her dream campus and engage in lectures that meant the world to her.

Hurriedly, she got out of bed and rushed to the bathroom, going through her usual morning routine. Once she finished, she opened her closet, searching for the perfect outfit to match her joyful mood. After a brief moment of browsing, she settled on a white crop top and loose-fitting black pants. Completing the look with white sneakers, she grabbed her phone and wallet and neatly placed them inside her white backpack resting on the bed.

Pausing in front of the mirror, she admired her reflection and gently brushed her silky straight hair, which flowed gracefully down her back. Applying a touch of pink lipstick and mascara, she enhanced her radiant appearance. Satisfied with her look, she slung the backpack over her shoulders and beamed with contentment as she left her bedroom.

She made it halfway to the kitchen and she halted. "Should I make coffee or just grab one on my way to school?" she contemplated for a moment. "I think I'll just stop by a coffee shop on my way out."

She came out of her apartment and locked her door. When she turnaround to leave, she halted and was greeted by the sight of an unexpected visitor.

"Surprise, surprise" Drake's voice greeted her from his bike where he stood cross-legged smiling.

"Drake" she called his name in almost a whisper still astounded by his appearance.

"You...you didn't tell me you were coming to pick me up for school, you even said yesterday that we're going to see in school."

"Yes, I did say that. But I changed my mind and decided to be your rider because I know you'll pay me really well" he joked and laughed.

"Quit teasing and tell me why you suddenly showed up here" she replied walking up to him.

"Because a princess like you needs a ride from a prince charming like myself. C'mon ride with me, we'll be late if we delay one more minute. And by the way, you look so stunning" he winked at her and picked up the helmet on the backseat, and stood there waiting for her to accept his invitation.

Anna stared at Drake in silence before she hesitatingly walked to the bike. He smiled and wore the helmet on her head.

"Suits you perfectly," he said and grabbed on to his and wore it on. He climbed onto his bike and he glanced back at her. "Hop on."

She hop-on in silence and held on to his waist tighter without waiting for him to remind her like yesterday.

"Someone is learning" he chuckled and turn on the engine of the bike to life and drove off to the campus.

...

"We're here" he announced as they got into the campus.

Anna gently climbed off the bike and stepped onto the hallowed grounds of her dream campus. Her eyes captured her surroundings in awe, and her heart fluttered with excitement. The amazing structure of the building and its sprawling greenery left her mouth ajar. Spellbound by the beautiful sight of the place she had longed to be, a mix of joy and gratitude caressed her features.

"Yes! I made it!" She yelled giggling and spinning around with her hands wide open. This was the beginning of an extraordinary journey she had always dreamed of and now it was before her. She didn't care if the whole world was watching her, she was too excited to bother about something like that.