Heartbreaking

Playlist ~ Zoe – Hold me like you used to (piano version)

An hour later, Jay and Officer Jack arrived at Drake's residence. Jay rapped on the door twice, and it emitted a creak as it swung open. There stood Julia, Drake's youngest sister, her eyes fixed on them, a gentle smile gracing her face.

"Hello, Jay," she greeted as she stepped outside.

"Hey, Julia. How are you?" Jay's voice betrayed a hint of nervousness, his anxiety amplified by the impending task of delivering heartbreaking news to Drake's family.

"I'm good. Why is the cop guy with you? Did you get into trouble?" She playfully glanced at Jack before refocusing her attention on Jay.

Jay squinted at Jack, his anxiety deepening. He scratched his head nervously. "Are your mom and Kylie home?" he asked, skillfully dodging her question.

"Julia, who is it?" Kylie's voice rang out from indoors.

Julia smirked. "She just answered your question." She glanced back at Jay, a mischievous twinkle in her eyes. "It's your boyfriend, Jay!" She giggled, teasingly.

Kylie's voice joined the conversation from inside the house. "Oh, shut up! Don't let Mom hear you say that!" she scolded, though her tone carried a lightness to it. Her figure appeared behind Julia, a faint smile gracing her lips. "Hey, Jay. What's up? And good day, officer."

"Hey, Kylie. We're here to see your family," Jay responded.

Kylie's brows furrowed. "My family? Well, it's not quite complete without Drake here. Should I call him over?" She posed the question, her gaze shifting toward Jack.

Jay's heart raced, and he swallowed hard, beads of sweat forming on his forehead. His fingers instinctively went to his head, his nerves betraying him. "Is your mother around?" he inquired, his voice strained.

"Sir, is everything okay with my brother?" Julia asks. She was beginning to have an odd feeling that things weren't right after watching Jay's reaction when her sister mentioned her brother's name.

"Of course Drake is fine, don't asks such questions. Come on in guys" Kylie spoke up and ushered Jay and Jack in.

"Please get your mom downstairs," Jack said as he took a sit on the couch while Jay paces around out of nervousness. "Hey, you should sit" he called out to Jay, and Jay stopped pacing around and glance at him.

He rushed up to Jack and took a sit beside him. "I'm fucking nervous, I can't even sit for long. I can't do this officer, you should handle this yourself. I'm leaving right now before their mother gets down here" Jay whispers.

Jack placed his hand on Jay's shoulder and brought his lips closer to his ear. "I know you're so nervous, I also understand how sad you are for the loss. But regardless of that, you have to push your emotions aside and comfort your friend's family because it's the least you can do right now. Look at the little girl over there, she's watching you, you have to calm down right now. If you leave now it shows you're abandoning them when they need you the most. So please, be strong and act like a man, okay?"

Jay stared at Jack for a moment thinking if he should listen to the advice from the cop. He didn't have a choice but to nod in acceptance. Jack patted his shoulder twice and let go of him. Just then, Kylie came downstairs with her mom.

"Hello gentlemen, you too look so serious, is something wrong?" Kylie's mom asks and took a sit beside her two daughters.

"Good day, ma'am" Jack greeted and sat up with his hands clasped together. He squint at Jay and Jay glanced back at him and they both nodded at each other.