A New Friend

"Who are you talking about Mom?" Anna asks when she found no one behind her.

"I don't know, I just saw someone a few seconds ago. He's probably hiding."

"Mom, stop, you didn't see anything, maybe you just saw my neighbor who was passing."

"He wasn't passing, he was standing there watching you" her mom insisted and Anna kept silent. "Just be careful honey, okay?"

"Okay Mom, just don't get overly worried over what you saw. I've got to arrange my stuff. I'll talk to you tomorrow."

"Alright, bye sweetie, love you" She blew kisses on the phone and Anna giggled and blew hers.

"I love you, Mom, bye" she hung up and glanced around one more time before she went back inside.

...

A couple of hours later, Anna was at one of the grocery stores to get some items she'll be needing. Being a pretty young lady with round blue eyes and a beautiful smile that showcases her right dimple, the stares she was getting from both young and old, males and females were beginning to make her feel uncomfortable.

She hastily did her grocery shopping with her cart and went standing in the queue. When she stood in front of the counter she stared directly at the sales rep. He was a young handsome dude in his early 20s with a charming smile that usually attracts more customers to the store. His name is Drake.

"Hi!" Drake greeted.

"Hey, can I ask you a question?" Anna requested.

"Sure" was his reply as he kept checking the prices of her items.

"Is there something obscene on my face?" she asked and that got the sales rep to stop what he was doing and paid attention to her.

"What do you mean?" he asked looking a bit confused.

"I meant is there any dirt on my face, scar, mask, or something odd not meant to be seen?" she repeated the question more explanatory and he chuckled.

"No, your face looks perfect. What makes you have that feeling that you're not looking beautiful?"

"Since I got in here the stares have been so crazy that it almost made me trip on my toes a couple of times" she explained.

Drake threw his head backward and he laughed out so loud. His boisterous laughter got him stares from the other customers and his colleagues.

"Sorry, it's nothing serious," he said to them and his gaze returned to Anna and his grin widens.

"You think that was funny?" she asked with a frown and he shrugged and smiled.

"Well, it's quite amusing. I guess they're wondering who is this beautiful princess in a small town like Lismore."

"Are you teasing me?"

"Hell no. I don't like telling ladies what I'm about to tell you because their reaction gets me running away from them. But I must confess you are really pretty that's why you're getting all those stares. Your boyfriend must be lucky to have you."

Now it was Anna's turn to laugh at his comment and he raised a brow at her. "Unfortunately I don't have a boyfriend" she replied and tug the strands of hair behind her ear.

"Okay, can I apply for that position?" he grin cockily at her and she chuckled.

"Hey dude, she is not the only one that needs to be attended to!" Someone yelled from the back of the queue and Anna and Drake snickered.

"You are a distraction. If you'll give me your contact number I'll love for us to finalize if I'll be hired to fill in that post" he winked at her and gave her a pen and a small jotter and she laughed.