Chapter Sixteen

"Honey, I'm home," I yell from the front door of the Salvatore's Boarding House. Instead of being greeted by the two Salvatores, I am greeted by a naked blonde woman.

"Oh my God! How...uh-wh-...Who?"

"Well, I'm pretty sure I'm not God. The name's Elizabeth, but most people call me Ellie or Elle."

"Lexi, a friend of Stefan's."

"Is Damon here? I tried calling him but it keeps going to voicemail."

"No, uh-he's out. Did you want to wait for him?"

"Nah, I just wanted to talk to him about Enzo. Oh, also, be careful at Stefan's party. The council is aware there's a vampire in town and Damon might use you. Bye sexy Lexi."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Guess where I found Damon at? You guessed it! The Grill. Specifically, he was sitting at the bar with Enzo, who was ignoring Damon.

"Enzo!" I squeal out, wrapping my arms around his waist from behind.

"Hello gorgeous. I haven't had the chance to thank you for rescuing me," he says, twirling his chair around and hugging me back.

"My name is Elizabeth, but you can call me Ellie. Or Elle. Or anytime really," I flirt as I sit on his lap and hang my arm around his neck.

"Lorenzo St. John. Are you like this with everyone?"

"Nah, but I think you're chill."

"Um, hello? Excuse me, I am here too," Damon interrupts with annoyance.

"How's the free life going for you?"

"It's going rather well. A lot of things have changed since I've been imprisoned and abandoned by the only person I thought was my best friend."

"I told you I was sorry!"

"Oof, Dames, rather a pathetic apology. I heard that the council is looking for a blood sucker. I hope you weren't planning to use sexy Lexi."

"And if I was?"

"Find yourself another person."

"No. I already-"

"November 8, 1960. A woman came up to you with a file and you killed her because you thought she was a part of Augustine. Do I really need to say anything else?"

"I should kill you right now," Damon snarls, standing up abruptly and threateningly. Enzo is not pleased by his actions and puts his arms around me in a protective manner.

"Try anything to my savior and I will gut you."

I know that this was supposed to be a dangerous situation, but I couldn't help but to think that this was a sexy moment. What? Having two guys fight over you? Even if one of them was threatening to kill you? Hot diggity dog.

"Thank you Enzo, but I got this." Glaring at Damon, I send him a massive hemorrhaging head-ache and he falls to his knees with a groan.

"Damon, the only reason you are alive right now is because of your brother. So I suggest you don't test my patience. Lexi will not be harmed tonight. Agreed?"

Damon tries to snarl and attack me once more but I increase the pain level and twist his arms behind his back, pressing his face onto the counter.

"Uh..." Matt began to say before shaking his head and walking away.

"Agreed?" Damon reluctantly nods his head and speeds away from me.

"Damn, just when I thought you couldn't get better," Enzo whistles.