Chapter Twenty-Three

"Hello, class. What are we learning today?" Klaric asks as he settles himself in front of the desk.

"With the decades dance tonight, we've been covering the sixties all week," a girl says.

Ellie looks over and recognizes her to be Dana. Poor girl, she'd be compelled and killed by Ripper Stefan. Welp, it would be easy to advert the unnecessary death.

"Right, the sixties," he says, pausing a moment to stare at the human doppleganger before writing on the board. "The sixties. I wish there was something good I could say about the sixties, but...Actually, they kind of sucked. Except for the Beatles, of course. They made it bearable. Uh, what else was there? The Cuban missile thing, the...we walked on the moon. There was Watergate."

"The Watergate was in the seventies, 'laric," Ellie says with an amused smirk.

When he turns around to look at her, she gives a sly wink and receives a paper ball thrown at the back of her head.

"Right. It all kind of mushes together up here, the sixties, seventies. Thank you, Elena."

She opens the paper ball and snorts.

Don't flirt with the teacher. -Stefan

Fuck you, I do what I want -Elle

Ellie was officially bored. How did no one notice that this wasn't Alaric? Her boredness got the best of her and she decided to spice things up.

A paper bursts into flames, causing the fire alarm to go off. Quickly, the students usher out the classroom except Ellie and her friends.

"Really Ellie?" Bonnie says in disappointment and shaking her head.

"Oh come on, it's not like the school's going to burn down."

"I'm pretty sure you're a pyromaniac," Caroline snorts.

"Well, she did set the Whitmore Research Center on fire," Stefan pipes in.

"Ahem, we should be heading out now," Klaric announces from the door.

"Steffie, why you gotta call me out like that?"

"There was also the time you set Tanner's pants on fire for yelling at you,"Caroline reminds her.

"In my defense, he should've minded his own business."

Klaric stares at the group of friends with confusion. Why were they acting so casual when the fire alarm was going off? His eyes meet the doppleganger's and she smirks at him.

"Alaric's going to be pissed that he's been possessed." Despite being caught off guard, he manages to collect himself and speeds over to Ellie. To his surprise, he misses and receives the worst migraine ever.

"This is Klaus?" Caroline asks, scrunching her nose in distaste. "I was hoping for something better."

"I think you all have been hanging around way too many psychopaths for you to be this calm about this," Stefan sighs.

"Hello Klaus, sorry about the welcoming committee," Ellie says.

"I will kill you and everyone you've ever met," he snarls.

"A bit dramatic, if I might say. Anyways, I know about the ritual."

"And you haven't left yet? How stupid of you."

"How about we make a deal? Afterall, I'm the only one who knows where dearest daddy Mikael is dessicating."

"Stefan, take Caroline and Bonnie to the Grill. I'll meet up with you guys later."

Mission CompleteOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara