Chapter Twenty

Lorenzo St. John is chilling in the Salvatore's Boarding house on the couch with a magazine in his hands when he hears a car pull up.

After hearing that his little savior had been 'kidnapped', Stefan and Damon tried to convince him that she needed their help.

Despite not knowing Ellie for a long time, he knew she could handle herself. He smirks as Stefan drags his unconscious brother behind with two other unknown vampires.

"How was the rescue?" He asks Stefan in a teasingly manner.

"Who is this?" Trevor asks, pouring himself a glass of burbon.

"Lorenzo St. John. And you two are?"

"Rosemary and Trevor. Is this where we're staying?" Rose asks while swiping Trevor's drink.

Before Enzo can respond, his phone rings, indicating a message has arrived.

Two vampires are going to be staying with you guys until I get back. Take them to my house and talk to Jeremy about two daylight rings. Tell them to refrain any killings. I owe you. <3 Ellie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alaric was in his kitchen doing his normal routine. With a coffee in one hand and a pen in the other, he scribbled on the homework sheets.

He let out a heavy sigh. Despite learning about his ex-wife's 'death', he couldn't help but think about her.

It was very strange to hear that his student was his ex-wife's daughter. He hadn't even known about Isobel being pregnant.

It didn't matter how long they'd been married; Isobel refused to have children with him. Despite that, he still loved her.

Even though they'd been married, he knew nothing about her. How many other secrets had she been hiding?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mason Lockwoods sighed as he ordered another drink from the Grill. No new messages from his girlfriend.

Two weeks had passed since her last message and he was desperate to see her. Just as she instructed, he found the moonstone and placed it in the well.

"Mason?" He turns around to see his nephew standing behind him.

They talk and catch up with each other.

"You know, she's not going to text you," Tyler says causally. Mason gives him a confused look as he continues.

"I know about Katherine. Ellie took care of her."

"Ellie?"

"I know why you're here. She's lying to you. She doesn't want to break the curse. Actually, the curse isn't real."

"What? What are you-"

"I know about werewolves, Mason." With wide eyes, Mason pays his bill and drags Tyler into a secluded area.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bonnie Bennett walks through the forest. Sweat rolls down her forehead as she makes her way to the old witch house. She is barefooted and has nothing with her.

The last thing she remembers is talking to Caroline. Something about the dance at school? No, that was yesterday. Or was that the day before?

Her head pounds harshly as the migraine gets worse. She falls to her knees and curls into a ball. Soon, her vision darkens and she passes out.

When she regains consciousness, the sun is setting. A lot of time has passed by. Her feet are bleeding and are caked with dirt.

Lost and confused, she exits the forest and jumps into the shower. As the water runs down her hair and body, the leaves and twigs mixed with blood and dirt twirls down the drain.

She curls herself into a ball under the blanket in a fetal position. Her black curly hair is still dripping wet. Shivering, she tries to think back but only gets a headache when she tries.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ellie is sitting in the passenger seat of Elijah's luxurious car discussing her backstory. After promising McD's, Ellie suggested they head over to her house so she could clean up. Her dress was already ruined and her make-up was a bit smeered.

So far, Elijah has heard about her death in her previous life. Before she can talk about the plotline of The Vampire Diaries, she is hit with a blood-curling migraine.

"Ah!" She screams, shattering the windows of his car. It throws Elijah off guard and he swerves a bit before he pulls to the side of the road.

"Ellie? What's going on?"

Tears roll down her cheeks as the pain worsen. Stumbling out of the car, she is barely able to make it three steps away before collapsing onto her knees and curling into a ball. The pain is unbearable and she continues to scream.

Elijah speeds over to her and notices blood pouring out of her eyes, nose, and ears. In a desperate attempt to save her, he bites his wrists and shoves his blood into her mouth. To his surprise, she doesn't swallow.

Instead, the blood is regurgitated as she pukes out the contents of her stomach. He picks her up and speeds to the hospital, where he compels the doctors to examine her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was dark. Too dark for Ellie's liking. She wasn't afraid of the dark, but that didn't mean she didn't care about it. Even now, she still had a night-light in her room so there would always be light.

The air surrounding her feels thick and suffocating. She can barely breathe. Chills run down her spine when she feels a brush of air breezing past her forearms.

"Let there be light," she mutters to herself as she walks through the darkness. Rather than walking, it felt like she was floating. There was nothing underneath her feet.

The silence is overbearing. She doesn't know how long she's been walking, but she can hear faint whispers. They are barely distinguishable and comprehensible for her to understand.

"Evil..."

"Imposter..."

"Fake..."

"Interfering..."

"How dare she..."

"Destorying our world..."

The words are getting louder and louder as she walks forward. Putting her hands over her ears, she tries to drown out the voices. But it's useless. The words are as clear as day.

She tries to run away but it feels as though there is a barrier blocking her path. No matter how hard she pushes, it remains solid.

The more she moved, the more the air disappeared. Falling to her knees and gasping for air, her attempts to escape is futile.

Loneliness. Despair. Hatred. Sadness. Anger. Emotions course through her body as she sobs helplessly. The strength within her begins to diminish. Hope is fading. It feels like an eternity of being stuck inside a box.

Error

Reload

Error

Try again

Error

Reload

Punishment received

Reboot

5...

4...

3...

2...

1...