cristiano ronaldo | forever and always

Four long hours had passed. That was the exact amount of time my fingers had been tapping at the table I was sat at. The bottom half of my body was starting to feel the numbness from being sat still for this long, patiently waiting for Maria to return home. Her shift finished at five o'clock this evening meaning that by the time she had packed away her belongings and took the familiar drive home she would off arrived at the house before six.

It was now ten o'clock and she was nowhere to be seen.

She had never been home this late before, if there was a possibility she was going to be late home I would have received a message or phone call from her. I hadn't received anything, no quick phone call where her soft voice was rushed and slightly raised because she was worried about getting home late, nothing. The last thing I had heard was that she was on her way home and should be there soon, her colleague Rebecca had not heard from her since.

My head sharply turned towards the table where my phone was sat, seeing an unknown phone number on the screen. I hesitantly answered the call hearing a fast talking woman on the other side who told me to come to the local hospital immediately. My heart beat started to speed up as my phone slid out of my grasp and onto the carpeted floor.

I was soon driving down the roads as quickly as possible, not caring about the speed I was going at, my head was just thinking about Maria. I started to think about all the happier times we had shared, from the vacation we took to Miami to my proposal in late December. After three years together I knew that the time was right to ask the woman of my dreams to marry me.

A few minutes had passed and I had soon arrived at the hospital. The young lady at the front desk gave me a sympathetic look as she directed me down a million halls until she eventually stopped us at a specific room. More people started to arrive outside the room, the doctors were trying to tell me what was going on but I could barely understand them, my mind was all over the place. Not only was I concentrating on keeping my emotions together, I was also preparing myself for when we entered the room.

I had to be the strong one in the relationship. As hard as it was going to be I knew I had to be strong to support my fiancé.

We finally walked into the room, my heart breaking into a million pieces as I saw Maria's body on the bed. Her normally smooth skin is now covered in tiny scratches and blood patches, she seems weak but still has her cute smile on her lips as I approach her bed. I carefully place myself on the seat adjacent to her, giving her a quick kiss to the temple before intertwining our fingers together.

"Took you time to arrive!" she softly laughed.

The nurses had been in conversation for quite some time, they would talk to each other and then open their notepads to explain their point. I wanted to ask them questions about what had happened and what they were going to do but I couldn't bring myself to move my lips and say the required words.

"Cris, it hurts," Maria cried. I tenderly rub a thumb across her cheeks, wiping away the falling tears.

"I know baby I know, but everything's going to be okay I promise."

The nurses finally exit the room, allowing us to be alone. They mention that they need to go do some examinations then they will be back, as usual I don't ask them any further details. Instead my eyes float down towards Maria's engagement ring wondering if I will ever be able to call her my wife and have the life that we had been planning.

"You still want to have two kids?" I ask, noticing her eyes light up at the question.

"Of course! And then grow old together living in our house on the hillside, just like we wanted."

As she speaks those words I get an idea, I exit the room to tell the nurses my plan. Agreeing to it they make the arrangements so that the plan can go ahead. It didn't take long until the chaplain had arrived. Maria's expression was priceless, not only was she shocked but I could see the happiness glistening in her eyes. The vicar said a few verses before it was our time to speak, the nurses handed us a ring each mentioning that the couple next door had heard what was happening and wanted us to borrow them for it.

I had every emotion inside of me before I spoke my words; the tears had already started rolling down my cheeks. "My dear Maria, I want to be with you forever, spending the good and bad times together knowing that with you by my side we will still make it through. I want to grow old with you and whether we are happy or sad, we will always love each other because you are my forever and always."

I quickly placed a passionate kiss to her lips; there wasn't a dry eye in the room. The beeps started to get slower as the tears streamed down my face at a quicker pace. Maria softly kissed my lips again just before she started to speak, her voice was evidently lower. "I will love you forever; just remember that even though I won't be there I'll always love you, forever and always."